Waldenström's Macroglobulinemia Symptoms
In some cases, people can have Waldenström's macroglobulinemia for years without showing any symptoms. When signs appear, most are caused by low blood counts or thickened blood. Symptoms vary from person to person and may include:
- Stroke-like symptoms: confusion, loss of coordination, dizziness
- Vision problems
- Excessive bleeding, nosebleeds, bleeding gums
- Unexplained weight loss, loss of appetite
- Heavy night sweats
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Swollen abdomen (belly)
- Frequent infections
- “Pins and needles” feeling or numbness in feet and legs
These symptoms do not always mean you have Waldenström's macroglobulinemia. However, it is important to discuss any symptoms with your doctor, since they may also signal other health problems.
If you have been diagnosed with Waldenström's macroglobulinemia or have been fighting the disease for a while, we’re here to help. Call 1-877-MDA-6789 to make an appointment or request an appointment online.
Why Choose MD Anderson?
- Leading-edge Waldenström's macroglobulinemia treatments available at only a few centers in the nation, including targeted therapies
- Innovative treatment options with best outcomes and least impact on your body
- High level of experience and expertise in Waldenström's
- Customized care by teams of experts
- Clinical trials of new treatments