Parathyroid Disease Prevention and Screening
Parathyroid Disease Screening
Unfortunately, no standardized screening tests have been shown to improve outcomes for parathyroid disease in the general public. However, if certain rare diseases run in your family, your doctor may suggest testing from time to time to be sure you do not have parathyroid cancer.
Parathyroid Disease Risk Factors
Anything that increases your chance of getting parathyroid disease is a risk factor.
Having certain inherited disorders can increase your risk of developing parathyroid cancer. These include:
- Familial isolated hyperparathyroidism (FIHP)
- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN1)
If you are concerned about inherited family syndromes that can cause parathyroid disease, we offer advanced genetic testing to let you know your risk.
Call 1-877-MDA-6789 to make an appointment or request an appointment online.
Research shows that many cancers can be prevented if people applied everything known about cancer prevention to their lives. Visit the Prevention section of our website to find out steps you can take to avoid cancer.
Why Choose MD Anderson?
- High level of experience with this disease
- Treatment for both benign and rare, malignant types
- Accurate diagnosis by specialized pathologists
- Skilled surgeons, advanced techniques, including minimally invasive procedures
- Clinical trials of new therapies