Neurofibromatosis Prevention and Screening
Cancer screening exams are important medical tests done when you’re at risk but don’t have symptoms. They help find cancer at its earliest stage, when the chances for successful treatment are highest. However, there are currently no standardized screening exams for childhood neurofibromatosis.
If your child has been diagnosed with neurofibromatosis, we’re here to help. Call 1-877-632-6789 to make an appointment or request an appointment online.
Childhood Neurofibromatosis Prevention
Research shows that many cancers can be prevented. Visit the Prevention section of our website to find out steps you can take to avoid cancer.
Why Choose MD Anderson?
- Access to novel therapies and state-of-the-art technologies before most children’s hospitals
- We see more types of cancer than any other children’s hospital in Texas
- Family-centered care that actively involves parents in their child’s treatment
- A strong cancer research program focused on developing new therapies for pediatric patients
- Comprehensive support services such as an accredited school program, creative arts, child life and career counseling
- An Adolescent and Young Adult Program that specializes in the unique medical and psychological needs of patients aged 15-25