Our specialists diagnose neurofibromatosis primarily by giving a thorough physical exam. In addition, we have experts that conduct special genetic testing and/or perform MRI and CT scans for more complex cases of NF. After a complete assessment, the physicians are able to better determine the risk for tumor development in the patient. The Children's Cancer Hospital also provides a pediatric neuropsychologist to determine any learning disabilities the patient may be facing.
Second Opinions at MD Anderson
The pathologists at MD Anderson are highly specialized in diagnosing and staging neurofibromatosis, and we welcome the opportunity to provide second opinions.
If you would like to get a second opinion at MD Anderson, call 1-877-MDA-6789 to make an appointment or request an appointment online.
Why Choose MD Anderson?
- The Children’s Cancer Hospital is within the No. 1 cancer center in America
- Access to novel therapies and state-of-the-art technologies before most children’s hospitals
- We see more types of cancer than any other children’s hospital in Texas
- Family-centered care that actively involves parents in their child’s treatment
- A strong cancer research program focused on developing new therapies for pediatric patients
- Comprehensive support services such as an accredited school program, creative arts, child life and career counseling
- An Adolescent and Young Adult Program that specializes in the unique medical and psychological needs of patients aged 15-25