While signs and symptoms of melanoma vary from person to person, the ABCDEFs of melanoma symptoms are an easy way to learn the early signs of melanoma.
Asymmetry: Is one side of the mole different than the other?
Border irregularity: Are the edges ragged or irregular?
Color variation: Is the mole getting darker? Is part of it changing color or does it contain several colors?
Diameter: Is the mole bigger than the diameter of a pencil eraser?
Evolution: Is the mole growing in width or height?
Feeling: Has the sensation around a mole or spot changed?
Show any suspicious skin area, non-healing sore or new or changing mole or freckle to your doctor right away.
If you have been diagnosed with melanoma, we’re here to help. Call 1-877-632-6789 to make an appointment or request an appointment online.
Why Choose MD Anderson?
- Our unique multidisciplinary approach
- Our extensive array of melanoma clinical trials, offering the latest therapies
- Our nationally recognized research program
- Innovative melanoma treatments, including lymphatic mapping and sentinel node biopsy, targeted therapy, limb perfusion, interleukin-2 and immune-based therapy
- Most advanced diagnostic methods
- One of the world’s largest melanoma programs
- MD Anderson's Melanoma Moon Shot Program is an ambitious effort to reduce cancer deaths through the rapid discovery and implementation of new melanoma treatments