Accurate and precise diagnosis of leukemia is essential to effective treatment. As many as 5% to 15% of leukemia patients have been misdiagnosed before they come to MD Anderson.
We have the expertise and experience gained from being one of the most active programs in the world. Our hematopathologists (doctors who specialize in leukemia) are among the world’s most experienced and skilled experts.
Diagnosis of leukemia is based on the results of blood and bone marrow tests, including bone marrow aspiration and bone marrow biopsy.
Getting a Second Opinion at MD Anderson
The experts at MD Anderson are highly specialized in diagnosing and staging every type of leukemia. We welcome the opportunity to provide second opinions for leukemia.
If you would like to get a second opinion at MD Anderson, call 1-877-632-6789 to make an appointment or request an appointment online.
Why Choose MD Anderson?
- Largest leukemia program in the world
- Internationally known, highly experienced leukemia physicians
- New approaches that may increase chances for successful leukemia treatment
- More than 150 active clinical trials for leukemia, many not available elsewhere
- Access to investigational agents, including targeted therapies, vaccines and “mini” stem cell transplants
- On-site hematopathology lab and bone marrow aspiration
- “Fast track” leukemia clinic makes check-ups fast and efficient
- AML and CLL are part of MD Anderson's Moon Shots Program: an ambitious effort to reduce cancer deaths through the rapid discovery of new treatments