Ewing's Sarcoma Prevention and Screening
Ewing's Sarcoma Screening
Screening tests may be able to find certain types of cancer if a person is at risk but does not have symptoms. Unfortunately, no standardized screening tests have been shown to improve Ewing's sarcoma outcomes.
Ewing's Sarcoma Risk Factors
Although the exact cause of Ewing's sarcoma is not known, certain things seem to put people at higher risk of developing the disease.
- Gender: More males that females develop Ewing's sarcoma
- Race: Children who are white (non-Hispanic or Hispanic) are at higher risk. Ewing's sarcoma is very rare in other races.
- Age: Ewing's sarcoma usually develops in teenagers
If your child has been diagnosed with Ewing's sarcoma, we’re here to help. Call 1-877-632-6789 to make an appointment or request an appointment online.
Why Choose MD Anderson?
- Extensive expertise in pediatric Ewing's sarcoma
- Latest diagnostic tools, specialized pathologists
- Advanced sarcoma surgical procedures, including limb-sparing surgery
- Most advanced chemotherapy agents and delivery methods
- Clinical trials of new sarcoma therapies
- Family-centered care, including comprehensive support services