Bladder Cancer Symptoms
The most frequent bladder cancer symptom is blood in the urine (hematuria), which causes the urine to appear rusty or deep red in color. However, hematuria cannot always be detected by the naked eye, and it can be a symptom of other conditions such as kidney or bladder stones or urinary tract infection.
Other bladder cancer symptoms may include:
- Changes in bladder habits
- Painful urination
- Frequent urination
- Having the urge to urinate
These symptoms do not always mean you have bladder cancer. However, it is important to discuss any symptoms with your doctor, since they may signal other health problems.
If you have been diagnosed with bladder cancer, we’re here to help. Call 1-877-632-6789 to make an appointment or request an appointment online.
Why Choose MD Anderson?
- Innovative bladder cancer treatments including gene therapy, immunotherapy and chemotherapy
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic and robotic procedures to treat bladder cancer
- Advanced reconstruction techniques
- Highly skilled and experienced surgeons
- Nationally recognized research program offers clinical trials of new bladder cancer therapies