Adrenal Gland Tumor Diagnosis
Adrenal gland tumors are diverse and can be challenging to diagnose. It is essential that an endocrinologist familiar with adrenal gland tumor recommends which tests you should have and analyzes your test results.
The experts at MD Anderson have a high level of expertise in diagnosing adrenal gland tumors. They use the latest techniques and technology to give you the most accurate and concise diagnosis possible, including radiographic scanning, adreno-venous sampling and biochemical testing. Comprehensive genetic testing and counseling are available if your family members have certain inherited disorders.
If you have symptoms that might signal an adrenal gland tumor, your doctor will examine you and ask you questions about your health and your medical history. One or more of the following tests may be used to find out if you have an adrenal gland tumor or if treatment is working.
Blood tests to evaluate levels of certain hormones, including cortisol, aldosterone, plasma metanephrines and dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), or chemicals such as sodium and potassium.
Urine tests, which may include 24-hour urine collection tests.
Imaging tests, which may include:
- CT or CAT (computed axial tomography) scans
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scans
- Nuclear medicine PET (positron emission tomography)
- MIBG (meta-iodobenzylguanidine) scans
If you have been diagnosed with an adrenal gland tumor, we’re here to help. Call 1-877-632-6789 to make an appointment or request an appointment online.
Why Choose MD Anderson?
- Advanced treatment of adrenal gland tumors
- High level of experience with complex adrenal gland tumors
- Team approach includes highly trained, specialized endocrinologists, surgeons and experts
- Leading-edge adrenal gland tumor treatments include laparoscopic surgery, targeted therapies, nuclear medicine agents
- Clinical trials of new treatments for some adrenal diseases
Adrenal Gland Tumors Knowledge Center
Getting a Second Opinion at MD Anderson
The experts at MD Anderson are highly specialized in diagnosing and staging adrenal gland tumors, from the more common to the extremely rare.
We welcome the opportunity to provide second opinions for adrenal gland tumors.
If you would like to get a second opinion at MD Anderson, call 1-877-632-6789 to make an appointment or request an appointment online.