Acoustic Neuroma Diagnosis
Hearing loss may be discovered during routine hearing tests. If this happens, a type of hearing test called an audiogram should be done to evaluate the hearing in both ears.
If you have symptoms that may signal acoustic neuroma, your doctor will examine you and ask you questions about your health.
Acoustic neuromas are diagnosed with MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scans.
Getting a Second Opinion at MD Anderson
The physicians at MD Anderson are highly specialized in diagnosing and treating acoustic neuromas. We welcome the opportunity to provide second opinions for acoustic neuromas.
If you would like to get a second opinion at MD Anderson, call 1-877-MDA-6789 to make an appointment or request an appointment online.
Why Choose MD Anderson?
- Team approach to complex disorder
- High level of experience with acoustic neuroma
- Comprehensive, coordinated care for acoustic neuroma
- Most advanced treatments, including surgery and Gamma Knife radiosurgery
- Full range of professional services including audiology, speech and swallowing