How You Can Help
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at MD Anderson Cancer Center. If you're a college student interested in a volunteer service experience, please review the following information:
Volunteering will follow a semester based schedule.
- Summer semester - 2013: CLOSED
- Fall semester - 2013: Volunteer Interest Questionnaires will be accepted after July 15, 2013.
The Spring semester program is CLOSED. Volunteer Interest Questionnaires for the Summer semester program will not be accepted before February 1, 2013.
Volunteers in the College Program must meet the following requirements:
Prior to the start of the semester
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation
- Complete an application which you will receive at the Volunteer Orientation
- Schedule a Volunteer Services placement interview
- Specific, hospital and departmental training.
- A minimum of 36 hours of volunteer service within a three month period.
- Attend Volunteer Orientation II.
- Punctuality and consistent attendance, accomplishing minimum service requirements.
- Not to exceed 3 absences.
The benefits of becoming a volunteer at MD Anderson extend beyond your volunteer assignment. They include:
- Free parking.
- Letter of recommendation from your volunteer Coordinator after completing 60 hours.
- First choice of available placement if returning the following semester.
- Becoming a volunteer at MD Anderson provides you with experience and valuable skills for future education and employment.
Become a College Volunteer
Interested in becoming an MD Anderson Cancer Center college volunteer?
- Complete the Volunteer Interest Questionnaire.
- If there is a position that matches your interests, skills and schedule, you will be contacted by a staff member in the Department of Volunteer Services.
- For more information contact Volunteer Services at 713-792-JOIN (5646) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internships and Externships
The Department of Volunteer Services
does not oversee internships,
externships or any unpaid individuals
receiving academic credit. These
opportunities may be overseen by the
Department of Trainee and Alumni
Affairs. For more information,
contact Trainee and Alumni Affairs