How You Can Help
Mobile Mammography Program
Thank you for your interest in MD Anderson Cancer Center's Mobile Mammography Program as your provider for your annual screening mammogram. This program allows our institution to provide life-saving early breast cancer detection services to women all over the greater Houston area.
The Mobile Mammography Program has been in operation for 20 years. The self-contained, 38-foot van travels to your location, providing your employees or clients with digital mammography screening services within minutes. Each examination typically takes no longer than 30 minutes. Our current digital unit has been in operation since May of 2010.
Since the beginning of our operation, we have been able to serve more than 82,000 women in the greater Houston area. Community outreach is part of MD Anderson's mission, and we are proud to say that we reach medically underserved women in approximately 40% of our examinations.
Advantages of the MD Anderson Mobile Mammography program include:
- State-of-the-art digital screening equipment that emits low levels of radiation and provides accurate breast imaging
- Our mammography specialists are registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and certified by the state of Texas
- Board-certified, dedicated breast radiologists
- The radiologists routinely use computer-aided detection, which assists in the identification of small breast cancers
- Our program complies with federal guidelines for all personnel, equipment and record-keeping as mandated by the Mammography Quality Standards Act
For information, please call the Mobile Mammography Scheduling Line at (713) 745-4000.
Make a Donation
Help us support breast health for women in the Greater Houston area! Fill out our online donation form to provide continued funding for the Mobile Mammography Program.