Application and Forms for Undergraduate Programs
Applying for Admission
The School of Health Professions at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center offers undergraduate programs leading to a Bachelor of Science degree, and one program leading to a Master of Science in Diagnostic Genetics.
Students enter the program in August of each year. Admission is on a competitive basis with a minimum overall GPA and science GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Meeting the minimum criteria does not guarantee acceptance.
The Registrar's office at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston serves as the Registrar for The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center School of Health Professions.
1. Submit an admissions application and all supporting documents by the following Priority Application Deadlines. Applications and documents received after the priority dates will be considered for admission only if space is available.
|September 15||Applications Open|
|March 1||Priority Application Deadline for the Medical Dosimetry program|
Priority Application Deadline for the following programs:
|June 1||Priority application deadline for Diagnostic Imaging specializations in CT, MRI, Education and Management. This option is only available to professionals certified through ARRT, NMTCB or ARDMS.|
|July 15||Closing Date for all applications|
2. Review Prerequisite Requirements
The School of Health Professions only offers upper-level course work. For this reason, students should review specific prerequisites for each program.
3. Complete Online Application
Apply online to The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center School of Health Professions. Access the on-line application form by visiting the Office of the Registrar at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.
4. Submit Three Recommendations
Recommendation forms should be submitted directly to the Office of the Registrar by the posted application deadline.
5. An Official College Transcript from Each School Attended
The transcript should show a record of all academic work completed and must be mailed or sent electronically by the college directly to the Office of the Registrar at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.
6. Foreign College Transcripts
All applicants with foreign college transcripts/mark sheets must have a course by course, and grade by grade evaluation by an approved evaluation agency. For more information about evaluation agencies that are approved, contact the Registrar's office at 713-500-3361.
7. Complete Clinical Site Visit
This is only required for applicants to the Diagnostic Imaging and Radiation Therapy programs.
Diagnostic Imaging – Only competitive applicants will be invited to complete an 8-hour clinical site visit.
Radiation Therapy – All applicants are required to schedule a 16-hour clinical site visit. Contact the Radiation Therapy Program at 713-792-3455 for scheduling.
8. Submit all Required Documents to:
Office of the Registrar at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.
Office of the Registrar, UCT 2250
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
PO Box 20036
Houston, TX 77225-0036
9. All students who are accepted to the School of Health Professions will be required to have current health immunizations and satisfactorily complete drug screening and a criminal background check.