The Inpatient Service provides care for our patients who are admitted to the hospital for a variety of reasons. It is a joint service with Gynecologic Medical Oncology, providing cross-coverage for each other's patients. Patients' problems are managed by highly trained nurse practitioners or physician assistants, together with the Phase I Program and Department of Gynecologic Medical Oncology faculty.
Our goal is to provide the highest quality care for the following situations that require an inpatient stay:
- Management of therapy side effects
- Management of disease complications and co-morbidities
- First-in-human studies and other complex or high-risk treatments that require intensive inpatient monitoring
- Regional therapy:
- Liver program with Phase I hepatic infusion trials
- Phase I trials using intraperitoneal therapy in patients with ascites