Nuclear Medicine and PET Imaging Group
Osama R. Mawlawi, PhD
S. Cheenu Kappadath, PhD
To develop Nuclear and PET imaging technologies to aid radiologists/clinicians in improving patient management by applying physics, engineering, mathematics and computer science principles.
- Improve image quality through innovations in data acquisition and image generation.
- Adapt novel nuclear medicine technologies into routine clinical applications.
- Promote accurate quantification in diagnosis and radionuclide therapies.
- Train medical professionals in the science and application of nuclear medicine imaging.
Imaging Physics Research
Basic Science Research Labs
- CCSG Small Animal Imaging Facility
- Computational Research Lab
- Digital Imaging Research Lab
- Magnetic Relaxometry Research Lab
- Magnetic Resonance Systems Lab
- Nuclear Imaging Research Lab
- Optical Imaging Lab: Biomedical Optics & NanoDiagnostics (BOND)
- Photoacoustic Imaging Research Lab
Translational Science Research Groups
- Advanced MR Neuro-Imaging Group
- Dynamic Imaging Group
- Image Guided Interventions & Therapy Group
- MR Applications Group
- Nuclear Medicine & PET Imaging Group