Nuclear Medicine and PET Imaging Group
Osama R. Mawlawi, PhD
S. Cheenu Kappadath, PhD
The Department of Imaging Physics is currently seeking a Post-doctoral Research Fellow or Scientific Programmer to work on funded research projects in clinical and translational research in the following areas of medical imaging physics:
To develop Nuclear and PET imaging technologies to aid radiologists/clinicians in improving patient management by applying physics, engineering, mathematics and computer science principles.
- Improve image quality through innovations in data acquisition and image generation.
- Adapt novel nuclear medicine technologies into routine clinical applications.
- Promote accurate quantification in diagnosis and radionuclide therapies.
- Train medical professionals in the science and application of nuclear medicine imaging.
Imaging Physics Research
Basic Science Research Labs
- CCSG Small Animal Imaging Facility
- Computational Research Lab
- Digital Imaging Research Lab
- Magnetic Resonance Systems Lab
- Microdiagnostic Technology Development Lab
- Nuclear Imaging Lab
- Optical Imaging Lab & Biomedical Optics/Nano-Diagnostics
- Photoacoustic Imaging Research Lab
Translational Science Research Groups
- Dynamic Imaging Group
- Functional & Quantitative MR Imaging Group
- Image Guided Interventions & Therapy Group
- MR Applications Group
- Nuclear Medicine & PET Imaging Group