Faculty & Staff
Head and Neck Surgeons
The Section of Head and Neck Surgical Oncology provides the most current treatments for patients with cancers of the sinus, thyroid, salivary glands, oral cavity, ear, larynx, and pharynx; head and neck melanoma; non-melanoma skin cancer; and skull base tumors.
- Randal S. Weber, M.D., F.A.C.S., Chairman
- Gary L. Clayman, D.M.D., M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Eduardo M. Diaz, Jr., M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Paul W. Gidley, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Ann M. Gillenwater, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Ehab Y. Hanna, M.D., F.A.C.S., Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs
- Amy C. Hessel, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Floyd Christopher Holsinger, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Michael E. Kupferman, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- Stephen Y. Lai, M.D., Ph.D., F.A.C.S.
- Carol M. Lewis, M.D., M.P.H.
- Jeffrey N. Myers, M.D., Ph.D., F.A.C.S., Deputy Chair for Academic Programs
- Erich Madison Sturgis, M.D., M.P.H., F.A.C.S.
- Mark Zafereo, M.D.
Section of Ophthalmology
Physicians in the Section of Ophthalmology are committed to the treatment of patients with ocular, orbital, and ocular adnexal malignancies and provide comprehensive ophthalmic and neuro-ophthalmic care for patients with cancer.
- Dan S. Gombos, M.D., Section Chief
- Bita Esmaeli, M.D.
- Stella K. Kim, M.D.
- Jade S. Schiffman, M.D., F.A.A.N., F.A.A.O.
Section of Oncologic Dentistry & Prosthodontics
The Section of Oncologic Dentistry and Prosthodontics provides comprehensive oral and dental assessment for all oncology patients at MD Anderson needing dental treatment or prophylaxis before cancer treatment. The dental faculty also designs and places highly specialized implants used in the rehabilitation of patients with complicated intraoral and facial defects, helping to ensure the highest quality of life after treatment.
- Mark S. Chambers, D.M.D., M.S., Section Chief
- Richard C. Cardoso, D.D.S., M.S.
- Theresa M. Hofstede, D.D.S., B.Sc.
- Jack W. Martin, D.D.S, M.S.
Section of Speech Pathology & Audiology
The Section of Speech Pathology and Audiology provides patient evaluations, functional analyses of speech and swallowing and pharyngolaryngeal reflux evaluation. This section has special expertise in alaryngeal speech restoration after total laryngectomy, speech and swallowing rehabilitation after treatment for oral cavity and pharyngeal cancers, and rehabilitation of cognitive communication disorders.
- Clare P. Alvarez, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Denise A. Barringer, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Jeannine M. Danis, M.A., CCC-SLP
- Deantha F. Gutierrez, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Jodi K. Knott, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Leila Little, M.S., CCC-SLP, CLT
- Jennifer L. Newman, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Denice G. Perez, M.A., CCC-SLP
- Brad G. Smith, M.S., CCC-SLP, CLT
- James H. Hall, Jr., M.A., CCC-A
- Rajarshi Pratihar, Au.D., CCC-A