It has become essential for healthcare providers to manage the amount of information patients have access to. The magnitude of health related information available on the internet can often be over whelming. Social media has allowed healthcare institutions to share accurate, timely information regarding healthcare, clinical trials, and more. General Oncology hosts Facebook pages, Twitter accounts, and participates in CancerWise blogs.
- Pain treatment lacking for a third of cancer patients, study says (Houston Chronicle)
CancerWise Blog Posts
- Defining 'Major Advances' in Cancer Care
- What Are Palliative Care, General Oncology and Integrative Medicine, Anyway?
- ASCO 2011: Sacrifice, Creativity, Mentorship
- Making Cancer History® ... in Robust Ways
- My Valentine's Wish for 2010
- Bringing Ourselves Into Patient Care
- Reflections on the Vocabulary of Medicine
- Clinical Trials? What's the Formula
- Restoring a Sense of Buoyancy