Global Conference on Perioperative Medicine: Care of the Elderly and the Cancer Patient
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Moderated Poster Discussion Sessions
Session Director: Peter H Norman BSc, MD, FRCPC
Procedures for Authors/Presenters
1) Presenters are required to be in attendance during the designated Poster Discussion Rounds. A moderator will be assigned to each poster category and will assist poster presenters in facilitating the discussion.
2) An abstract number will be assigned to each abstract. This number will be printed and pinned to your poster board in the meeting room. Please submit an abstract of your poster by September 30, 2012, as a MS-Word attachment to an email with the subject of “Abstract for Global Perioperative Medicine”. A decision will be returned by October 15, 2012. Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your assigned session and moderators will be indicated by the decision email.
3) A dedicated poster session room will be available for the moderated poster rounds:
Poster Room: Room 6 (Geriatric Anesthesia), Room 8 (Cancer Surgery and Outcomes)
Moderated Poster Schedule: Wednesday 11/28/2012 (3:00 pm to 5:00 pm)
Access to Room/s: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm on 11/28/2012
Please remove all material from the room after the session. There is no storage room for posters and any leftover material will be discarded.
4) The poster board provided will be 8' (8 feet) wide and 4' (4 feet) high and push pins one-half inch in size will be provided to display your material. Suggested format for your poster:
- The title of your poster.
- The names of the authors and the name and location of the institution. (Underline the name of the presenting author).
- Abstract and content /detail including figures, tables, photos and expanded text.
All material should be sized so it can be read from a distance of three feet. The material should be neat and legible; illustrative data should be similar in quality to that used in making slides. Backing material for any of the displayed items should be of a type that can be tacked or pinned to the board surface.
5) Suggested format for abstract and brief biography in word template GCPMCEC