MDASI Lung Cancer Module
The MD Anderson Symptom Inventory for lung cancer (MDASI-LC) is a site-specific MDASI module. Along with the core MDASI’s 13 symptom items and 6 interference items, the MDASI-LC also assesses 3 symptoms specific to lung cancer:
- sore throat
Order the MDASI Lung Cancer Module
Use our convenient online form to order the MDASI-LC for use in your clinical research, clinical practice, funded and non-funded academic research, commercial research, or reproduction in educational materials or other publications.
Every MDASI Module Contains...
All 13 MDASI core symptoms
pain, fatigue, nausea, disturbed sleep, distress, shortness of breath, difficulty remembering, lack of appetite, drowsiness, dry mouth, sadness, vomiting, numbness/tingling
All 6 MDASI interference items
general activity, mood, work, relations with others, walking, enjoyment of life
- Purpose: To assess the severity of multiple lung cancer-related symptoms and the impact of these symptoms on daily functioning
- Population: Patients with symptoms caused by lung cancer and its treatment
- Assessment areas: Severity of multiple symptoms and the impact of symptoms on daily functioning during the last 24 hours
- Method: Self-report; paper-and-pencil form or tablet PC (self-administered or via interview), or telephone-based interactive voice response (IVR) system
- Time required: Five minutes
- Scoring: Please see the MDASI User's Guide
- Reliability: Cronbach alpha reliability ranges from 0.88 to 0.91
MDASI-LC Language Versions
Click on a linked language to view a sample in PDF format.
Don't see a language you need? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Psychometrically and Linguistically Validated||Linguistically Validated|
Selected MDASI-LC References
Mendoza TR, Wang XS, Lu C, et al. Measuring the symptom burden of lung cancer: the validity and utility of the lung cancer module of the M. D. Anderson Symptom Inventory. Oncologist 16(2): 217-227, 2011.
Cleeland CS, Mendoza TR, Wang XS, et al. Assessing Symptom Distress in Cancer: The M. D. Anderson Symptom Inventory. Cancer 89:1634-1646, 2000.
Jones D, Vichaya EG, Wang XS, et al. Disease-driven symptoms and response to chemotherapy in treatment-naive patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) [abstract]. American Society of Clinical Oncology 48th Annual Meeting, Chicago IL, Jun 1-5, 2012. J Clin Oncol 30(Suppl 1), 2012; 9118.
Wang XS, Shi Q, Lu C, et al. Prognostic value of symptom burden for overall survival in patients receiving chemotherapy for advanced nonsmall cell lung cancer. Cancer 116(1): 137-145, 2010.