The MD Anderson Symptom Inventory for chronic graft-versus-host disease (MDASI-cGVHD) is a treatment-specific MDASI module. Along with the core MDASI’s 13 symptom items and 6 interference items, the MDASI-cGVHD also assesses 5 symptoms specific to chronic graft-versus-host disease:
- muscle weakness
- skin problems
- eye problems
- joint stiffness or soreness
- changes in sexual function
Order the MDASI Chronic Graft-vs-Host Disease Module
Use our convenient online form to order the MDASI-cGVHD for use in your clinical research, clinical practice, funded and non-funded academic research, commercial research, or reproduction in educational materials or other publications.
Every MDASI Module Contains...
All 13 MDASI core symptoms
pain, fatigue, nausea, disturbed sleep, distress, shortness of breath, difficulty remembering, lack of appetite, drowsiness, dry mouth, sadness, vomiting, numbness/tingling
All 6 MDASI interference items
general activity, mood, work, relations with others, walking, enjoyment of life
- Purpose: To assess the severity of multiple symptoms related to the development of chronic graft-versus-host disease after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation and the impact of these symptoms on daily functioning
- Population: Patients with symptoms caused by chronic graft-versus-host disease and its treatment
- Assessment areas: Severity of multiple symptoms and the impact of symptoms on daily functioning during the last 24 hours
- Method: Self-report; paper-and-pencil form or tablet PC (self-administered or via interview), or telephone-based interactive voice response (IVR) system
- Time required: Five minutes
- Scoring: Please see the MDASI User's Guide
- Reliability: Cronbach alpha reliability ranges from 0.75 to 0.91
Williams LA, Couriel DR, Mendoza TR, et al. A new measure of symptom burden in chronic graft-versus-host disease [abstract]. American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation 2010 BMT Tandem Meetings, Orlando FL, Feb 24-28, 2010. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 16(2 Suppl 2): S177, 2010; 60.
Cleeland CS, Mendoza TR, Wang XS, et al. Assessing Symptom Distress in Cancer: The M. D. Anderson Symptom Inventory. Cancer 89: 1634-1646, 2000.
Lee SJ, Williams LA. Patient-reported outcomes for acute graft-versus-host disease prevention and treatment trials. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 16(3): 295-300, 2010.
Wang XS, Giralt SA, Williams LA, et al. Measuring acute GVHD-related symptom burden and inflammatory cytokines during the first 100 days after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation [abstract]. Psychoneuroimmunology Research Society 17th Annual Meeting, Dublin, Ireland, Jun 2-5, 2010. Brain Behav Immun 24(Suppl 1): S5, 2010; 206.
Williams LA, Anderson KO, Wang XS, et al. Patterns of symptom burden in autologous and allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation [abstract]. American Society of Hematology 51st Annual Meeting and Exposition, New Orleans LA, Dec 5-8, 2009. Blood 114(22), 2009; 1396.
Williams LA, Neumann JL, Couriel DR, et al. Measuring the symptom burden of chronic graft-versus-host disease [abstract]. American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation 2008 BMT Tandem Meeting, San Diego CA, Feb 13-17, 2008. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14(2 Suppl 1): 56, 2008; 147.