UT Police Home

A Message from the Chief

UTPD Police Services

Profile of UTP-H


Submit a Commendation

Submit a Complaint

Campus Safety/CLERY

Public Information Request

The University of Texas Police Department at Houston 

"Serving With Courage and Compassion"

The University of Texas at Houston Police at Houston (UT Police) provide law enforcement and community services to The UT MD Anderson Cancer Center and The UT Health Science Center at Houston institutions. Both institutions are located within the Texas Medical Center with additional locations throughout the Houston metropolitan area.  

As an integral part of The MD Anderson Cancer Center and The UT Health Science Center at Houston, we align with the visions of both institutions. The UT Police Mission and Vision Alignment document outlines the collaborative partnerships we maintain to help ensure a safe, secure and orderly environment. For more information, click Mission and Vision Alignment.

For additional information and a map on the Texas Medical Center, click here. For additional information on parking in the Texas Medical Center, click here.

Emergencies 911
Non-Emergencies 713-792-2890  
UT Police Dispatch 713-792-2890
Crime Prevention 713-563-7794
Technical Services 713-792-8690

If you'd like to report suspicious activity anonymously, contact (713) 563-7781, (713) 792-0368, or (713) 794-3245. If the activity is an emergency or crime in progress, call 911.

UT Police Annual Security and Safety Report

The 2014 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is now available on the UT Police Campus Safety/CLERY page.

Which campus safety programs are most important to you?  

Take the survey now.

Notice to Adult Victims of Family Violence

It is a crime for any person to cause you any physical injury or harm EVEN IF THAT PERSON IS A MEMBER OR FORMER MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY OR HOUSEHOLD.

*  If you, your child, or any other household resident has been injured; or
*  If you feel you are going to be in danger when the officer leaves or later.
*  You have the right to:

ASK the local prosecutor to file a criminal complaint against the person committing family violence; and APPLY to a court for an order to protect you (you should consult a legal aid office, a prosecuting attorney, or a private attorney). If a family or household member assaults you and is arrested, you may request that a magistrate's order for emergency protection be issued. Inform the investigating officer if you want an order for emergency protection. You need not be present when the order is issued. You cannot be charged a fee by a court in connection with filing, serving, or entering a protective order. For a complete list of contact information, click here.

Texas Sex Offender Database

The Texas Department of Safety has established a web site as the official Internet source for Sex Offender Registration information. Information regarding registered sexual offenders by name or location is available. When searching the database, make sure the records you access through this site pertain to the person about whom you are seeking information. For additional information, go to the Texas Department of Public Safety database.

Accreditation and Recognition



© 2016 The University of Texas Police Department at Houston
1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030