Core Lab Consolidation
The CCSG-supported Genomics Facility (GF) and the DNA Analysis Facility (DAF) have consolidated their activities to form a comprehensive institutional genomics shared resource: the Sequencing and Microarray Facility (SMF).
The consolidated facility has combined the expertise of two existing facilities to provide investigators with sequencing, microarray and other SMF services.
Sequencing services include:
- Next generation sequencing
- Sanger DNA sequencing
- Gene resequencing
Target preparation, hybridization and imaging on the following platforms:
Other SMF Services
- Sample quality check (DNA and RNA)
- Fluorescent fragment analysis
- Taqman-based gene expression analysis
In addition to the standard services, the SMF provides custom services tailored to the individual needs of the investigator. Custom services include:
- Project design and technology consultations,
- Assay design and optimization and
- Assistance with result interpretation.
The SMF provides sample collection from several MD Anderson campuses.
Sample Drop-off Locations Include:
- SMF main lab located in BSRB S15.8425 - Open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Main Campus: Room Y8.5319 (cold room) - Sample pick-up Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- South Campus: Loading dock freezer (top shelf) – Sample pick-up Monday through Friday at 8:30 a.m.
- SRB: Cold room 1.29 - Sample pick-up Monday through Fri at 8:30 a.m.