The Sequencing and Microarray Facility (SMF) is the primary, "one-stop" genomics core facility for researchers at MD Anderson Cancer Center. Its goal is to use state-of-the-art instrumentation and innovative technical expertise in order to provide investigators with the highest quality genomic data from a comprehensive range of genomic services in a timely manner. Such a centralized facility minimizes duplication of expensive equipment and facilitates continued technical excellence.
The SMF provide investigators with sequencing, microarray and a variety of cutting-edge molecular services.
In addition to the standard services, the SMF provides custom services tailored to the individual needs of the investigator. Custom services include:
- Project design and technology consultations
- Assay design and optimization
- Assistance with result interpretation
The SMF provides sample collection from several MD Anderson campuses.
Sample drop-off locations include (DNA samples only):
- SMF main lab located in BSRB S15.8425 - Open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- South Campus: Loading dock freezer (top shelf) – Sample pick up Monday - Friday at 7:00 a.m.
- SRB: Cold room 1.29 - Sample pick up Monday - Friday at 7:00 a.m.