Limited Free Antibody Validation Offer
Our core is in the process of adding new antibodies to our Expanded Antibody List in an effort to target a broader set of signaling pathways. To do so, we are offering our customers limited free antibody validation for commercially available total rabbit monoclonal antibodies that are not duplicate targets to our current antibody list. For this limited offer, we request that you provide: 1) a vial of your antibody of interest, 2) a paragraph describing the protein function and its importance in cancer biology, and 3) western blot data generated from your study, preferably using standard cell lines. Your western blot data must picture the entire blot (from top to bottom, not a cut portion) and there must be a single or predominant band.
We will compare your western blot data and correlate protein quantification between mRNA, mass spec, and gene expression to our RPPA validation data to make sure your antibody has the following qualities: 1) good signal-to-noise ratio, 2) good dynamic range, and 3) good reproducibility. We will provide you with a validation report after completion and will only use antibodies that have been validated as “Valid” or “Use with Caution”, according to our standard validation criteria.Please note, this limited offer excludes antibodies that do not pass our initial validation process and require us to perform a western blot. We will notify you if this occurs to discuss charges and further validation before proceeding.
Please contact Kathryn Aziz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-792-5743 to see if your antibody of interest qualifies for this offer!
Current Antibody List (Set 152-Present) - Expanded Antibody List
Previous Antibody List (up to Set 151) - Standard Antibody List
Previous Antibody Lists contained incorrect or uncommon gene names that cause problems during RPPA data analysis. View the list of Correct Gene Names for updated information.
Additional Antibody Charges
View the Submission, Services and Pricing page for complete pricing information.
- Antibody Probing - Investigator-Supplied Antibody previously validated and probed by Core - $300/ab and sample set (+ overhead fee for external out-of-network and non-academic institutions)
- Antibody Validation - Investigator-Supplied Antibody never validated and probed by Core - $750/ab and sample set (+ overhead fee for external out-of-network and non-academic institutions) *
- Please provide your positive and negative cell lysates, Western blot results, and densitometer reading of each band if possible.
- *This charge includes validation testing of your antibody as well as probing your RPPA sample set.
Our core extensively validates antibodies applicable to RPPA analysis.
- A single or dominant band on western blotting is required and dynamic range and specificity is determined using: Peptides, Phosphopeptides, Growth Factors, Inhibitors, RNAi, Cells with wide levels of expression including 330 cell lines under multiple conditions on a single array.
- A Pearson correlation coefficient between RPPA and western blotting of greater than 0.7 is required
- Reproducible results intra-slide or inter-slide are critical.
View an example of antibody validation data.