FREE ANTIBODY VALIDATION OFFER
In response to the recent RPPA Core survey results, we wish to expand our standard antibody list to target a broader set of signaling pathways by offering free antibody validation for our RPPA application until further notice. We are seeking commercially available, rabbit monoclonal antibodies that are not duplicate targets to our standard antibody list. For this particular validation offer, we request that you provide: 1) a vial of your antibody of interest, 2) a paragraph describing the protein function and its importance in cancer biology, and 3) western blot data generated from your study, preferably using standard cell lines. The western blot results provided to us must picture the entire blot (from top to bottom), not a cut portion and there must be a single or predominant band.
We will compare your western blot data to our RPPA validation data to make sure your antibody has the following qualities: 1) good signal-to-noise ratio, 2) good dynamic range judged by chemical or genomic modifications, and 3) good reproducibility. We will also correlate protein quantification between 1) western blot and RPPA data, 2) MS and RPPA data, and 3) gene expression and RPPA data. We will provide you with a validation report after completion.
Please note, this offer excludes the charge for us to probe your samples with your validated antibody. We will only use antibodies that have been validated as “Valid” or “Use with Caution”, according to our standard validation criteria.
Please contact Kathryn Aziz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-792-5743 to see if your antibody of interest qualifies for this offer!
View the Expanded Antibody List we are currently staining (Set 152-Present).
View the Standard Antibody List we previously stained (up to Set 151).
Previous Antibody Lists contained incorrect or uncommon gene names that cause problems during RPPA data analysis. View the list of Correct Gene Names for updated information.
Additional Antibody Charges
View the Submission, Services and Pricing page for complete pricing information.
- Investigator-Supplied Antibody previously run by Core - $300/antibody and sample set (+60% overhead fee for external out-of-network and non-academic institutions)
- Investigator-Supplied Antibody never run by Core - $750/antibody and sample set (+60% overhead fee for external out-of-network and non-academic institutions)
- Antibody Validation - $750/antibody (+60% overhead fee for external out-of-network and non-academic institutions) *
- Please provide your positive and negative cell lysates, Western blot results, and densitometer reading of each band if possible.
- *This charge includes validation testing of your antibody along and running it on your RPPA sample set.
Our core extensively validates antibodies applicable to RPPA analysis.
- A single or dominant band on western blotting is required and dynamic range and specificity is determined using: Peptides, Phosphopeptides, Growth Factors, Inhibitors, RNAi, Cells with wide levels of expression including 330 cell lines under multiple conditions on a single array.
- A Pearson correlation coefficient between RPPA and western blotting of greater than 0.7 is required
- Reproducible results intra-slide or inter-slide are critical.
View an example of antibody validation data.