Friends of Integrative Medicine exists to raise awareness within MD Anderson Cancer Center and the larger Houston community of the important role complementary and integrative medicine can play in cancer prevention and in helping those with cancer live better and longer.
Friends of Integrative Medicine was established in 2006 by Toni Beauchamp – cancer patient, philanthropist and supporter of comprehensive cancer care – following recovery from her initial cancer treatment. Her goal was to raise awareness for those at MD Anderson and within the larger Houston community about integrative medicine.
During Toni’s tenure as FIM president, she established funding for the Integrative Medicine Program’s monthly Lecture Series. This allows the Integrative Medicine Center to bring internationally renowned speakers to Houston to share their research and clinical knowledge of integrative medicine with MD Anderson faculty and staff.
Toni passed away on March 9, 2012, after a long battle with ovarian cancer. Her legacy and mission continues thanks to supporters like you.
The Friends of Integrative Medicine events are underwritten by a generous gift from Susan and Dan Boggio.
Why Support Us?
- Cancer is the #1 cause of death worldwide.
- One in 2 men and 1 in every 3 women will develop cancer over the course of their lifetime.
- It is estimated more than 1.6 million new cases of cancer will be diagnosed in 2014.
- More than 50% of cancers can be prevented through lifestyle changes such as not smoking, diet, activity and weight management.
Join Us Today
Integrative medicine is transforming health care with a focus on prevention, health maintenance, early intervention and patient centered care.
FIM members are offered a more in-depth relationship with the Integrative Medicine Program at MD Anderson, the top-ranked cancer center in the nation. Membership includes invitations to lectures given by leading experts who focus on prevention, empowerment and whole-person health, as well as exclusive invitations to private events. Membership dues support the Lecture Series and help further education, research and outreach initiatives for professionals and the general public.
We offer corporate and individual membership opportunities. For more information on membership levels, contact Alejandro Chaoul, Ph.D., via Email or phone at (713) 745-3051.
- Fill out a membership form to become a member today
- Don’t want to become a member, but want to make a difference? Contact Deanna Cuello at (713) 794-1887, or via Email about your contribution.