Areas of Research
- Breast Cancer Research
- Pancreatic Cancer Research
The LeBleu Laboratory studies the functional impact of the tumor microenvironment in cancer progression and metastasis. The central goal of our laboratory is to elucidate the interphase between tumor stroma, tumor immunity and tumor metabolism.
The LeBleu Lab's current research projects focus on:
- Pancreatic and breast cancer tumor microenvironment
- Fibrosis and cancer associated fibroblasts
- Angiogenic remodeling and control of tumor immunity in cancer metastasis
- Exosomes biology in pancreas cancer
- Control of cancer cell metabolic adaptation by the tumor microenvironment
- Mitochondria function in the cell cycle
Mouse retina (nuclei in red, blood vessels in green). Courtesy of Patricia Phillips and Jiha Kim, Ph.D.
To inquire about a position in the LeBleu laboratory, please submit your CV to Valerie LeBleu, Ph.D, via email.