FAITH, A Healthy Lifestyle Program for You and Your Family!
Families Aiming Toward Health (FAITH) is a church-based program aiming to reduce obesity and encourage a healthier lifestyle among African American adults and their families. Programs take place at your church for 18 months.
How to Participate
- Self-identify as black or African American
- Have a BMI greater than or equal to 30
- Have at least one child age 10-16 years old living in your household that could participate with you
Appointment and Study Information
- Monthly health education information
- Monthly phone calls with a health coach
- Monthly peer support groups at your church
- One-on-one meetings with a trained member of your church to serve as your Health Buddy
- Four health assessments at your church
- Compensation for completing the health assessments