request an appointment online.
- Diagnosis & Treatment
- Care Centers & Clinics
- Children's Cancer Hospital
A child’s cancer diagnosis is one of the most devastating events a family can face. From fears about the future to worries about your child’s education and the impact on siblings, the challenges surrounding pediatric cancer can feel overwhelming.
At MD Anderson Children’s Cancer Hospital, each of our doctors, clinicians, researchers, and support staff understands these challenges. They are inspired to provide the best possible care for your child along with support for the whole family.
Why bring your child to MD Anderson:
- Patients are treated by a multidisciplinary team of experts. Teams typically include a surgeon, radiation oncologist and medical oncologist. They work together to create a customized treatment plan tailored to each child’s condition, age and development.
- Treatments can include clinical trials available only at MD Anderson and surgeries pioneered here and later adopted around the world. The Children's Cancer Hospital has an expanding Stem Cell Transplantation and Cellular Therapy program feauring clinical trials that are not offered anywhere else. We offer state-of-the-art treatments and drugs specifically for children with cancer that few hospitals can match, such as proton therapy, PET/CT fusion imaging and the BrainSuite image-guided neurosurgery system.
- Childrens' Cancer Hospital neurocognitive and psychosocial experts monitor and work to minimize the impact of cancer and its treatment on young patients.
- Our programs include, camps, art activities, music therapy, and a fully accredited school designed to keep children on grade level. We also have child life specialists who help young patients adjust to the hospital and organize events and activities for patients, siblings and parents. In addition, MD Anderson has an Adolescent and Young Adult Program that offers support and a social outlet for patients between the ages of 15 and 29.
- We offer a survivorship program for patients who have successfully completed active treatment. The program provides long-term follow-up visits, identifies and monitors late treatment side effects and shares evidenced-based tools for healthy living.
Children's Cancer Hospital Year in Review
This report showcases selected accomplishments in our clinical, research, education and support programs in fiscal year 2022.
Visit the Year in Review website
Some of the diseases we treat:
- Brain Tumors
- Endocrine Tumors including:
- Ewing's Sarcoma
- Germ Cell Tumors
- Hematology Disorders
- Liver Cancer
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- Wilms' Tumor
[I] know the joy of belonging to a growing second family - my cancer family, the patients, caregivers and care team I met during my cancer treatment. They are the people who walked this journey with me and who I now walk with as an experienced traveler to guide, help and support.
The Children's Cancer Hospital is located in the Main Building, Floor 9, near Elevator F.
Get directions to and around MD Anderson on the MD Anderson Directions app, available on the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
Becoming Our Patient
Get information on patient appointments, insurance and billing, and directions to and around MD Anderson.
MD Anderson patients have access to clinical trials offering promising new treatments that cannot be found anywhere else.
Anesthesia for pediatric cancer patients: What parents should know
Donors bring fun and comfort to childhood cancer patients
Robotic surgery gets teen adrenal tumor patient back to sports
Pediatric rhabdomyosarcoma caregiver supports son through treatment
Teacher’s virtual bedtime stories entertain childhood cancer patients
8 things I learned as a pediatric cancer caregiver
Pediatric stem cell transplants: What to know
Kids and masks during the COVID-19 pandemic: 7 questions, answered
MD Anderson Resources
The Children's Cancer Hospital business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
713-792-5410 (Current patients)
877-632-6789 (New patients)