Neuroblastoma Prevention and Neuroblastoma Screening
Neuroblastoma Screening Tests
Cancer screening exams are important medical tests done when you’re at risk but don’t have symptoms. They help find cancer at its earliest stage, when the chances for successful treatment are highest.
Unfortunately, no standardized screening tests have been shown to improve neuroblastoma outcomes.
Neuroblastoma Risk Factors
Anything that increases your child’s chance of developing neuroblastoma is a risk factor. Since the cause of neuroblastoma has not been discovered, risk factors are not known.
Although most neuroblastomas do not seem to run in families, a small percentage of children may have a higher risk of developing them if someone in their family had a neuroblastoma as an infant.
If your child has been diagnosed with neuroblastoma, we’re here to help. Call 1-877-632-6789 to make an appointment or request an appointment online.
Why Choose MD Anderson?
- Extensive expertise with all types of neuroblastoma
- Exceptional surgical skill and specialization
- Advanced diagnostic technology to pinpoint neuroblastoma
- Leading-edge treatments including targeted therapies
- Range of clinical trials for neuroblastoma
- Family-centered, child-focused care