MD Anderson Cancer Center Board of Visitors welcomes nine new members
Community leaders from across the globe strengthen institution’s goal to end cancer
MD Anderson News Release 11/16/2016
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Board of Visitors (BOV), an appointed board of volunteers charged with advancing the institution’s mission to end cancer, welcomed nine new members at its annual meeting Nov. 11. With experience spanning a wide range of industries and nonprofit organizations, the new members reflect the board’s national and international presence.
- Richard H. Anderson; Houston, Texas – former executive chairman, Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- James B. Archer; San Angelo, Texas – president and CEO, KJ Energy, MV2 Entertainment and the JL Bar Ranch & Resort
- Alan R. Batkin; Greenwich, Connecticut – chairman and CEO, Converse Associates Inc.
- William M. (Bill) Daley; Chicago, Illinois – managing partner, head of U.S. operations, Argentiere Capital
- Christopher D. Damico; Pacific Palisades, California – founder, former CEO, Alcentra
- Douglas R. (Doug) Deason; Dallas, Texas – president, Deason Capital Services LLC
- Susan Zane Epstein, M.D.; Austin, Texas – physician
- Lawrence H. Hayward; Phoenix, Arizona – chairman of the board of directors, CEO, Leslie’s Poolmart Inc.
- Ebru Ozdemir; Istanbul, Turkey – chairperson, Limak Investments
“Our board is a source of incredible talent to help MD Anderson’s leadership team meet the challenges of cancer and take advantage of all opportunities to maintain our reputation and position as the No. 1 institution for cancer research and patient care,” said Jim Mulva, BOV chair, of Austin, Texas. “It’s a privilege to serve on this board alongside these exemplary men and women. We’re honored that they’ve chosen to lend their service and support to our board and the fight against cancer.”
Since 1957, the advisory, nonfiduciary board has played a significant role in advancing MD Anderson as the world’s premier cancer center.
“Our newest Board of Visitors members are an impressive and accomplished group of business and community leaders, and we are grateful to each of them and our entire Board of Visitors for their commitment of their time, talent, influence and resources to help us end cancer,” said Ronald DePinho, M.D., president of MD Anderson. “Their compassion for all cancer patients and dedication to this institution fuel our efforts to make a real difference for patients and their families for generations to come.”