How do I volunteer at MD Anderson?
Volunteers are often called the heart of MD Anderson and are an important component in the quest to make cancer history. MD Anderson Volunteer Services staff manage more than 1,000 volunteers working in volunteer-based programs. In fact, there are more than 100 types of positions for volunteers.
To learn more about volunteering at MD Anderson, call us at 713-792-JOIN (5646).
To start the process of becoming a volunteer at MD Anderson, you must first complete the Volunteer Interest Questionnaire. This form takes 10 to 15 minutes to complete and will help you determine if volunteering is right for you.
Once submitted, you will be contacted by a Volunteer Services and Merchandising staff member if there is a position that matches your interests, skills and schedule.
Are there volunteer requirements?
Yes. Becoming a volunteer at MD Anderson is an opportunity to help us perform our most important work – the elimination of cancer.
There are many ways you can donate your time, whether you are an adult, college student or survivor volunteer. Below is a list of requirements:
- Attend a volunteer orientation.
- Complete the application received at volunteer orientation.
- Schedule a Volunteer Services and Merchandising placement interview.
- Receive specific hospital and departmental training.
- Attend a Volunteer In-Service: Making A Difference in the Patient Experience.
- Adults and college volunteers must complete a continuing education credit.
- College volunteers will complete 36 hours of service within a three-month period. Volunteering will follow a semester based schedule.
- Survivor volunteers are encouraged to join myCancerConnection, a program that offers support to cancer patients, survivors and caregivers from those who have been there. Survivors can join The Pink Ribbon Program to connect volunteer survivors with current patients undergoing treatment in the Breast Center. Pink Ribbon volunteers help breast cancer patients become more comfortable with available treatments by demonstrating their surgical results and answering questions about their personal treatment experiences.
How can I contact someone about my donation?
If you have questions, please call us at 713-792-3450 or 800-525-5841, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I unsubscribe to receiving emails and/or direct mail from MD Anderson Development?
If you do not want to receive certain fundraising communications from MD Anderson Cancer Center, please visit our website at www.mdanderson.org/fundraisingoptout
or contact us at 855-344-5272.