How do I make a donation?
When you give to MD Anderson Cancer Center, you have the opportunity to make a tremendous difference in the lives of cancer patients by supporting innovative cancer patient care, research, education and prevention programs.
There are many ways to help – donate money, host a fundraiser, honor loved ones and plan your beneficiary gifts through stocks, estates and more. If you would like to donate money, the easiest and quickest way is to use our online donation form or donate by mail.
What types of items can I donate?
To best serve the needs of MD Anderson patients, Volunteer Services appreciates your assistance in donating only the items listed below. Donations must be in new condition and from smoke-free environments. Donated items cannot have religious messages or logos attached.
Donation deliveries must be prearranged with the Volunteer Services department by calling 713-792-7180.
• Soft fabrics and “Simply Soft” yarns are best suited for MD Anderson’s patients.
• Pillows - neck or heart-shaped
• Pillows - rectangular: approximate size 10 x 12 inches
• Quilts: approximate size 46 x 46 inches
• Hand-tied lap blankets: approximate size 46 x 46 inches
• Crocheted or knitted throws: approximate size 46 x 46 inches
• Crocheted or knitted shawls
• Crocheted or knitted caps - adult sizes accepted
Items must be newly purchased and without logos or branding.
• Baseball caps
• Scarves, turbans or bandanas
• Magazine subscription examples: Architectural Digest, Golf, Good Housekeeping, People, Redbook, Southern Living, Sports Illustrated, Town & Country, Us Weekly, Veranda
1515 Holcombe Blvd.
Houston, Texas 77030-4009
Books and magazines:
Book and magazine donations must be prearranged with the Patient/Family Library by calling 713-792-1080.
• Current magazines – issues no older than three months
• Current foreign language magazines – issues no older than three months
• Paperback books – fiction and nonfiction preferred.
How can I donate to a particular cancer?
How do I volunteer at MD Anderson?
Volunteers are often called the heart of MD Anderson and are an important component in the quest to make cancer history. MD Anderson Volunteer Services staff manage more than 1,000 volunteers working in volunteer-based programs. In fact, there are more than 100 types of positions for volunteers.
To learn more about volunteering at MD Anderson, call us at 713-792-JOIN (5646).
To start the process of becoming a volunteer at MD Anderson, you must first complete the Volunteer Interest Questionnaire. This form takes 10 to 15 minutes to complete and will help you determine if volunteering is right for you.
Once submitted, you will be contacted by a Volunteer Services and Merchandising staff member if there is a position that matches your interests, skills and schedule.
How can I contact someone about my donation?
If you have questions, please call us at 713-792-3450 or 800-525-5841, or email at email@example.com.
Where can I donate blood?
We have three convenient Medical Center-area donation facilities. View locations. We also hold regular blood drives throughout the greater Houston area. Call us at 713-792-7777 to schedule a blood drive in your community.
I would like to raise money for MD Anderson. What is the best way to start?
Fundraising at MD Anderson is a large part of our mission because it creates hope for a world without cancer. Bake sales, golf tournaments, motorcycle rides, art shows and run/walk events are an important part of the institution’s philanthropy. On average, around $1.5 million is raised annually from these types of events.
Hosting a fundraiser is a great way to become an active participant in the fight against cancer with MD Anderson.
There are two ways to help us raise money:
1. You can lead a campaign by creating a fundraising account, choosing your cause. This cause could be an event you choose such as a birthday party, school book drive, run/walk event, or any other idea you may have. Decide on the amount to raise and what cause you want to support at MD Anderson. Your goal could be $10 or $1,000 or more. There is no limit.
2. Make a financial contribution to support an existing fundraising event.
To learn more, visit our Host a Fundraiser web page or call the Development office at 800-525-5841.