What types of items can I donate?
To best serve the needs of MD Anderson patients, Volunteer Services appreciates your assistance in donating only the items listed below. Donations must be in new condition and from smoke-free environments. Donated items cannot have religious messages or logos attached.
Donation deliveries must be prearranged with the Volunteer Services department by calling 713-792-7180.
• Soft fabrics and “Simply Soft” yarns are best suited for MD Anderson’s patients.
• Pillows - neck or heart-shaped
• Pillows - rectangular: approximate size 10 x 12 inches
• Quilts: approximate size 46 x 46 inches
• Hand-tied lap blankets: approximate size 46 x 46 inches
• Crocheted or knitted throws: approximate size 46 x 46 inches
• Crocheted or knitted shawls
• Crocheted or knitted caps - adult sizes accepted
Items must be newly purchased and without logos or branding.
• Baseball caps
• Scarves, turbans or bandanas
• Magazine subscription examples: Architectural Digest, Golf, Good Housekeeping, People, Redbook, Southern Living, Sports Illustrated, Town & Country, Us Weekly, Veranda
1515 Holcombe Blvd.
Houston, Texas 77030-4009
Books and magazines:
Book and magazine donations must be prearranged with the Patient/Family Library by calling 713-792-1080.
• Current magazines – issues no older than three months
• Current foreign language magazines – issues no older than three months
• Paperback books – fiction and nonfiction preferred.