How You Can Help
Head and Neck Surgery Research
MD Anderson's Head and Neck Surgery team is recognized worldwide for leadership in cancer research that covers early detection, surgical options, targeted therapy, restoration and quality of life issues and more. With such a highly motivated and visionary faculty, it is not surprising that new ideas worthy of support are constantly coming before the research funding committee. Gifts from individuals provide a significant portion of the funding needed to get new research off the ground.
Recent efforts—thanks to help from donors:
- New optical techniques that may improve early detection of oral cancers, a less invasive alternative to biopsy
- Exploration of genetic and infectious factors that may determine risk of disease
- Gene therapy strategies for squamous cell cancer prevention
- Novel surgical techniques that increase survival and yield a better quality of life for survivors
- Gene therapy strategies for advanced stages of recurrent head and neck disease
- Determination of efficiency or risk of toxicity of a treatment based on a patient's genetic makeup
- Targeted therapy using biologic and cytotoxic approaches
Restoration & Quality of Life
- New strategies to maintain dental and oral health after radiation therapy or oral surgical procedures
- New methods of voice restoration and speech
Your gift to head and neck research is far more than a donation for a good cause. You are giving the gift of hope to future generations at risk for cancer of the head and neck.
Donate now on our secure Online Donation Form.
Donate by Mail
Print and complete the Mail-In Donation Form (pdf)
Send the form and your check to:
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
P.O. Box 4486
Houston, TX 77210-4486
Donate by Phone
Call the Development Office at (713) 792-3450 or (800) 525-5841 and specify Head and Neck Surgery Research for your gift.