This conference has ended. This page will be updated when information on next year's conference becomes available.
7th World Congress of Teledermatology
Nov. 17-18, 2018
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Robert C. Hickey Auditorium, Floor 11
R. Lee Clark Clinic
1515 Holcombe Blvd.
Houston, Texas 77030
Agendas are subject to change because we are always striving to improve the quality of your educational experience. MD Anderson may substitute faculty with comparable expertise on rare occasions necessitated by illness, schedule conflicts and so forth.
Please let us know what specific topics, issues or questions you wish to see addressed or emphasized in this activity. Fax CME/Conference Management at 713-794-1724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses will be forwarded to the Program Chair for consideration.
Since the first World Congress in Graz, Austria in 2004 the field of teledermatology has continued to expand across the globe providing much needed specialist dermatological advice to our colleagues and patients. This has been enhanced by both technological advances and the ubiquitous access to the internet and to smartphones. The 7th World Congress will provide updates on teledermatology and artificial intelligence, the use of teledermatology to connect both local and global providers and patients, consumer mobile teledermatology, tele-confocal and tele-pathology.
Accreditation/Credit Designation Information - No AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM will be awarded for the conference
Deadline for Abstract Submission is Friday, August 31, 2018
The Organizing Committee invites the submission of abstracts regarding teledermatology. The goal is to provide the audience an opportunity to collaborate and stimulate discussions specifically on how teledermatology facilitates provision of quality patient care in academic and community based settings and for regional and international patient populations. Authors may submit abstracts of completed work, work in progress, or work elsewhere within the past 12 months.
Abstract Submission Instructions:
Abstracts will only be accepted electronically and should be uploaded to: Teledermatology2018@mdanderson.org
Five abstracts will be chosen for an oral presentation and the rest will present a poster in a poster session.
The deadline for receipt of abstracts is 11:59 PM CST on Friday, August 31, 2018. Notification of acceptance for oral and/or poster presentations will be acknowledged by e-mail by Friday, September 7, 2018.
Abstract Formatting Instructions:
Limit abstracts to one page, type in 12-point Times New Roman font, single spaced with one-inch margins, and left justified. Organize the abstract into: Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusions. Define all abbreviations. Include the abstract title, full names, and institutional affiliations of all authors, and e-mail address of the corresponding author at the top of the abstract. Underline the name of the presenting author. Abstracts must not contain copyrighted material unless permission has been obtained by the author/publisher.
Online registration is now closed, please register on-site.
- On-site registration opens at 8:30 am on Saturday, Nov. 17, 2018. The conference will begin at 9:00 am and adjourn on Sunday, Nov. 18, 2018 at 1:00 pm.
- Advanced registration is encouraged as space and materials are limited.
Registration Fee postmarked before Oct. 5, 2018 $300.00
Registration Fee postmared after Oct. 5, 2018 $350.00
Web Streaming Fees
Web Streaming postmarked before Oct. 5, 2018 $200.00
Web Streaming postmarked after Oct. 5, 2018 $250.00
Student/Residents Fee $0.00
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Check (payable through U.S. banks only)
- Money orders
- Credit cards (MasterCard, VISA and American Express)
- Cash (on-site registration only)
If you register online, a receipt/confirmation letter will be automatically emailed to the email address you list on the registration form. If you register by fax or mail, a receipt/confirmation letter will be sent to you within 10 working days of the receipt of your fee.
The registration fee, minus a $50 administrative handling fee, is refundable if a written request is received on or before Friday, Dec. 8, 2017. No refunds will be granted after that date. The request for a registration refund must include the tax identification number of the company or institution if registration was paid by a company or institution check. For additional information, contact CME/Conference Management at 713-792-2223 or toll free at 866-849-5866 or email email@example.com.
The Department of CME/Conference Management reserves the right to cancel activities prior to the scheduled date, if low enrollment or other circumstances make it necessary. Each registrant will be notified by mail, email or the contact numbers as given on the registration form.
In case of activity cancellation, liability of the Department of CME/Conference Management is limited to the registration fee. CME/Conference Management will refund the full registration fee.
The Department of CME/Conference Management reserves the right to limit the number of participants in a program and is not responsible for any expenses incurred by an individual whose registration is not confirmed and for whom space is not available.
- A block of rooms has been reserved for conference attendees at the Jesse H. Jones Rotary House located at 1600 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, Texas.
- Early hotel reservation is suggested.
- The hotel phone number is 1-800-847-5783
- Early hotel reservation is suggested and the room block cutoff date is November 1, 2018.
- Please call to make your reservation and mention the group number: 1430 to be assured of receiving the special meeting rate of $140 for a King room. Please add 17% state and local taxes.
Transportation (prices are subject to change and variable depending on location of conference)
- Houston is served by two airports, George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) and William P. Hobby (HOU).
- Taxicabs are available at an estimated cost of $50-60, to or from William P. Hobby Airport or George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
- Super Shuttle operates a shuttle bus between George Bush Intercontinental Airport and the Houston Marriott Medical Center for $27 one-way and $54 round-trip. For more information, call 713-523-8888 or toll-free at 800-258-3826 or on-line at www.supershuttle.com.
- Super Shuttle operates a shuttle bus between William P. Hobby Airport and the Houston Marriott Medical Center for $24 one-way and $48 round-trip. For more information, call 713-523-8888 or toll-free at 800-258-3826 or on-line at www.supershuttle.com
Parking is available in Garage 10, which is located on the east side of the Clark Clinic, for $12 per day. There are EasyPay Stations on the first, second and third floors, instead of a cashier. The EasyPay Station is a self-serve payment station and will take cash or credit cards. You feed your ticket into the machine, it tells you how much you owe, you then pay that amount and the machine returns your "paid" ticket. Take the "paid" ticket to the exit gate and feed it into a machine there to raise the gate and exit the garage.
Take the crosswalk on level 3 of Garage 10 into MD Anderson. The first set of elevators on your left (next to the guard station) can be used to access floor 11. As you exit the elevator on floor 11, you will be at the back of the auditorium. Turn to your left to follow the hallway to the registration desk and the front of the auditorium.
Click here for a map.
*Parking fees are not reimbursable.
Photographing, audio taping and videotaping are prohibited.