This conference has ended. This page will be updated when information on next year's conference becomes available
13th Update on the Management of Genitourinary Malignancies
Nov. 9-10, 2018
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Dan L. Duncan Building (CPB)
Floor 8, Rooms 1-8
1155 Pressler St.
Houston, TX 77030
Conf. #: D120498
15.50 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
This conference should be of value to urologists, medical oncologists, nurses, nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
- Conference Brochure
- Conference Agenda
- Conference Committee/Speakers
Agendas are subject to change because we are always striving to improve the quality of your educational experience. MD Anderson may substitute faculty with comparable expertise on rare occasions necessitated by illness, schedule conflicts and so forth.
Please let us know what specific topics, issues or questions you wish to see addressed or emphasized in this activity. Fax CME/Conference Management at 713-794-7124 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses will be forwarded to the Program Chair for consideration.
The 13th Update on the Management of Genitourinary Malignancies Conference will focus on the diagnosis, treatment, clinical advances, and controversies in localized and advanced cancers of the bladder, kidney, bladder, prostate, upper tract, penile and testis cancers.
After attending the conference, participants should be able to:
- Evaluate, counsel and treat patients with rare genitourinary malignancies (penile cancer, testicular cancer, adrenal tumors) (Knowledge, Competence, Performance);
- Utilize cytoreductive surgery, adjuvant therapies and systemic therapies for patients with kidney cancer (small renal masses, locally advanced tumors, metastatic tumors) (Knowledge, Competence, Performance);
- Assess the molecular characterization, non-muscle invasive tumors and muscle-invasive tumors to provide optimal treatment for patients with urothelial carcinoma (Knowledge, Competence. Performance, Patient Outcomes);
- Evaluate, counsel and treat patients with prostate cancer (screening, early disease/focal therapy, radiation therapy, high-risk disease, and recurrent/metastatic disease) (Knowledge, Competence, Performance).
- Case presentations
- Panel discussions
- Audience Response System
- Question and discussion sessions
A course evaluation tool will provide participants with the opportunity to comment on the value of the program content to their practice decisions, performance improvement activities, or possible impact on patient health status. Participants will also have the opportunity to comment on any perceived commercial bias in the presentations as well as to identify future educational topics.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 15.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The Saturday luncheon presentation, “Physician Burnout – A Malignant Disease with an Innate Cure”, has been designated by The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center for a total of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ in medical ethics and/or professional responsibility.
CME Certificates and Attendance Verification Certificates
Certificates awarding AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ or certificates documenting attendance will be will be emailed when an individual completes the online CME Verification process after the conference..
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center has implemented a process whereby everyone who is in a position to control the content of an educational activity must disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest that could potentially affect the information presented. MD Anderson also requires that all faculty disclose any unlabeled use or investigational use (not yet approved for any purpose) of pharmaceutical and medical device products. Specific disclosure will be made to the participants prior to the educational activity.
Physician Payments Sunshine Act
MD Anderson complies with the Physician Payments Sunshine Act as part of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Accordingly, we may be required to collect information on transfer of value provided to any covered recipient under the ACA.
- Abstracts will be selected for poster presentation at the conference.
- Please submit abstracts via email to GUConference@mdanderson.org.
- The deadline for submission is September 28, 2018.
- Authors of selected abstracts will be notified via email by October 12, 2018.
Online registration is now closed, please register on-site.
General Registration Information
- On-site registration opens at 7:00 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 9, 2018. The conference will begin at 7:50 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 9, 2018, and adjourn on Saturday, Nov. 10, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
- Advanced registration by Friday, Oct.26, 2018, is encouraged as space and materials are limited.
- The full conference registration fee includes the tuition, program, continental breakfasts, breaks, lunches, and reception.
Postmarked before Oct. 26, 2018
- Physicians/Scientists: $250
- Students/Trainees/PA/Advanced Nurse Practitioners: $60
Postmarked after Oct. 26, 2018
- Physicians/Scientists: $300
- Students/Trainees/PA/Advanced Nurse Practitioners: $80
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Check (payable through U.S. banks only)
- Money Order
- Credit Cards (MasterCard, VISA and American Express)
- Cash (on-site registration only)
If you register online, a receipt/confirmation letter will be automatically emailed to the email address you list on the registration form. If you register by fax or mail, a receipt/confirmation letter will be sent to you within 10 working days of the receipt of your fee.
The registration fee, minus a $50 administrative handling fee, is refundable if a written request is received on or before Oct. 26, 2018. No refunds will be granted after that date. The request for a registration refund must include the tax identification number of the company or institution if registration was paid by a company or institution check. For additional information, contact CME/Conference Management at 713-792-2223 or toll free at 866-849-5866 or email email@example.com.
The Department of CME/Conference Management reserves the right to cancel activities prior to the scheduled date if low enrollment or other circumstances make it necessary. Each registrant will be notified by mail, email or at the phone or fax numbers given on the registration form.
In case of activity cancellation, the liability of the Department of CME/Conference Management is limited to the registration fee. CME/Conference Management will refund the full registration fee.
The Department of CME/Conference Management reserves the right to limit the number of participants in a program and is not responsible for any expenses incurred by an individual whose registration is not confirmed and for whom space is not available.
- A block of rooms has been reserved for conference attendees at the Houston Marriott Medical Center Hotel, located at 6580 Fannin St., Houston, Texas 77030.
- Early hotel reservation is suggested.
- The hotel phone number is 713-796-0080.
- When you make reservations be sure to mention the MD Anderson 13th GU Malignancies Conference group name to be assured of receiving the special meeting rate of $99.00 single or double.
- Click link: Book your group rate for 13th Genitourinary Malignancies Conference
- Please add 17% for state and local taxes.
- Reservations and deposits received after Oct 18, 2018, will be confirmed if space is available and at current hotel published guest room rates.
Prices are subject to change and vary depending on the location of the conference.
- Houston is served by two airports, George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) and William P. Hobby (HOU).
- Taxicabs are available at an estimated cost of $50-60 to or from each airport.
- SuperShuttle operates a shuttle bus between George Bush Intercontinental Airport and the Houston Marriott Medical Center for $27 one-way and $54 round-trip. The shuttle between William P. Hobby Airport and the Houston Marriott Medical Center is $24 for one-way and the roundtrip cost is $48. For more information, call 713-523-8888 or toll-free at 800-258-3826.
Mays Garage Parking for Friday, Nov. 9, 2018:
MD Anderson employees are encouraged to park in their normal location; however parking is available at the Mays Clinic garage.
Use Entrance 5 at Holcombe Boulevard at Bertner Avenue to access the garage beneath the Mays Clinic Building. Mays Clinic is adjacent to the conference site, Duncan Building (CPB). Mays Clinic self-parking is $12 per day and valet parking is $15 per day.
From the garage, take the elevators to the second floor and follow the hallway signs to the Duncan Building. After you pass Cool Beans Café on your left, take the Q Elevator Bank , also located on your left, to the Conference Center on the eighth floor.
Garage 10 Parking for Saturday, Nov. 10, 2018:
Parking is available in Garage 10 which is located on the east side of the R. Lee Clark Clinic building between M. D. Anderson Boulevard and Braeswood.
Parking is $12 per day. Take a ticket from the machine to raise the gate to enter the garage. Remember to take this ticket with you as you leave your car as you must have it at the end of the day in order to pay the parking fee. There are no cashiers in the garage. Instead, there are EasyPay Stations on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors of the garage. The EasyPay Stations are self-serve machines that accept cash or credit cards. As you leave the conference, feed your parking ticket into one of these machines. The machine will tell you how much you owe and ask you to insert money or a credit card to pay. Once you've paid, the machine will stamp your parking ticket "paid" and return it to you. At the garage exit insert your paid ticket into the machine to raise the gate so you can exit the garage.
Parking fees are not reimbursable.
Click here for a map with parking directions.
Photographing, audio taping and videotaping are prohibited.