Updates on Advanced Breast Cancer:
Local Management and Other New Perspectives
May 18, 2019
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Duncan Building (CPB)
Floor 8, Rooms 1-8
1155 Pressler Street
Houston, Texas 77030
7.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
This conference is targeted for Medical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists and Surgical Oncologists.
Agendas are subject to change because we are always striving to improve the quality of your educational experience. MD Anderson may substitute faculty with comparable expertise on rare occasions necessitated by illness, schedule conflicts and so forth.
Please let us know what specific topics, issues or questions you wish to see addressed or emphasized in this activity. Fax CME/Conference Management at 713-794-7124 or email email@example.com. All responses will be forwarded to the Program Chair for consideration.
The goal is for physicians to develop the tools to diagnose, identify therapeutic approaches specifically for treatment of breast cancer, enhance approaches to assist in detecting the disease, evaluate the effectiveness of treatment for breast cancer patients, and appropriately refer patients to clinical trials.
After attending the conference, participants should be able to
- Conduct a timely recognition and diagnosis of inflammatory and triple-negative breast cancer, and provide appropriate delivery of therapy that involves multidisciplinary care (Knowledge, Competence, Performance, Patient Outcomes);
- Apply the updated management of locally advanced, recurrent breast cancer (Knowledge, Competence, Performance);
- Apply the updated personalized care for metastatic breast cancers, and refer patients to an appropriate clinical trial (Knowledge, Competence, Performance, Patient Outcomes);
- Case Studies
- Audience Response System
- Interactive Groups/Breakouts
A course evaluation tool will provide participants with the opportunity to comment on the value of the program content to their practice decisions, performance improvement activities, or possible impact on patient health status. Participants will also have the opportunity to comment on any perceived commercial bias in the presentations as well as to identify future educational topics.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME Certificates and Attendance Verification Certificates
Certificates awarding AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM or certificates documenting attendance will be emailed when an individual completes the online CME Verification process.
Upon request, a record of attendance (certificate) will be provided via email to other health care professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
- On-site registration opens at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 18, 2019. The conference will begin at 8:15 am and will adjourn at 4:00 p.m.
- Advanced registration is encouraged as space and materials are limited. Please see the registration form for applicable fees.
- The full conference registration fee includes the tuition, program materials, continental breakfast, breaks, and lunch.
- The deadline for advanced registration is Wednesday, April 24, 2019.
Postmarked on or before April 24, 2019
Physicians (MDs/PhDs) - Non-HAL/TMC Members. . . . . . . . . . . . . .$50.00
Physicians (MDs/PhDs) - HAL/TMC Members. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$0.00
Healthcare Professionals (RNs/PAs/Trainees). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$30.00
Patients, Caregivers, Advocates and Volunteers . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $0.00
Postmarked After April 24, 2019
Physicians (MDs/PhDs) - Non-HAL/TMC Members. . . . . . . . . . . . . $70.00
Physicians (MDs/PhDs) - HAL/TMC Members . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$0.00
Healthcare Professionals (RNs/PAs/Trainees) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$45.00
Patients, Caregivers, Advocates and Volunteers . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $0.00
Other Ways to Register
CME/Conference Management, Unit 1781
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
P.O. Box 301407
Houston, TX 77230-1707
Fax to: 713-794-1724 (Printable Form)
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Check (payable through U.S. banks only)
- Money Order
- Credit Cards (MasterCard, VISA and American Express)
- Cash (on-site registration only)
If you register online, a receipt/confirmation letter will be automatically emailed to the email address you list on the registration form. If you register by fax or mail, a receipt/confirmation letter will be sent to you within 10 working days of the receipt of your fee.
The registration fee, minus a $25 administrative handling fee, is refundable if a written request is received on or before April 24, 2019. No refunds will be granted after that date. The request for a registration refund must include the tax identification number of the company or institution if registration was paid by a company or institution check.
The Department of CME/Conference Management reserves the right to cancel activities prior to the scheduled date, if low enrollment or other circumstances make it necessary. Each registrant will be notified by mail, e-mail, or at the phone or fax numbers given on the registration form. In case of activity cancellation, the liability of the Department of CME/Conference Management is limited to the registration fee. CME/Conference Management will refund the full registration fee.
The Department of CME/Conference Management reserves the right to limit the number of participants in a program and is not responsible for any expenses incurred by an individual whose registration is not confirmed and for whom space is not available.
- A block of rooms has been reserved for conference attendees at the Houston Marriott Medical Center/Museum District, 6580 Fannin Street, Houston, Texas.
- Early hotel reservation is suggested. To make reservations, please call the hotel reservations at 1-800-228-9290 or 713-796-0080 and identify yourself as part of the (IBC) Updates on Advanced Breast Cancer Conference at MD Anderson.
- The special meeting rate is $139.00 single or double occupancy. Please add 17% Texas State and local taxes. Reservations and deposits received after April 27, 2019 will be confirmed if space is available and at current hotel published guest room rates.
Ground Transportation (prices are subject to change and variable depending on location of conference)
- Houston is served by two airports, George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) and William P. Hobby (HOU).
- Taxicabs are available at an estimated cost for $50-60, to or from William P. Hobby Airport or George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
- Super Shuttle operates a shuttle bus between George Bush Intercontinental Airport and the Marriott Hotel for $27 one-way and $54 round-trip. For more information, call 713-523-8888 or toll-free at 800-258-3826 or on-line at www.supershuttle.com.
- Super Shuttle operates a shuttle bus between William P. Hobby Airport and the Marriott Hotel for $24 one-way and $48 round-trip. For more information, call 713-523-8888 or toll-free at 800-258-3826 or on-line at www.supershuttle.com.
Mays Garage Parking:
MD Anderson employees are encouraged to park in their normal location; however parking is available at the Mays Clinic garage.
Use Entrance 5 at Holcombe Boulevard at Bertner Avenue to access the garage beneath the Mays Clinic Building. Mays Clinic is adjacent to the conference site, Duncan Building (CPB). Mays Clinic self-parking is $12 per day and valet parking is $15 per day.
From the garage, take the elevators to the second floor and follow the hallway signs to the Duncan Building. After you pass Cool Beans Café on your left, take the Q Elevator Bank , also located on your left, to the Conference Center on the eighth floor.
Photographing, audio taping and videotaping are prohibited.