This conference has ended. This page will be updated when information on next year's conference becomes available.
Updates on Advanced Breast Cancer:
Local Management and Other New Perspectives
February 28-29, 2020
The Marriott Medical Center Hotel
Floor 3, Rooms A-E
658o Fannin Street
Houston, Texas 77030
12.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
This conference is targeted for Medical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists and Surgical Oncologists.
- Conference Brochure
- Conference Agenda
- Conference Speakers/Committee
Agendas are subject to change because we are always striving to improve the quality of your educational experience. MD Anderson may substitute faculty with comparable expertise on rare occasions necessitated by illness, schedule conflicts and so forth.
Please let us know what specific topics, issues or questions you wish to see addressed or emphasized in this activity. Fax CME/Conference Management at 713-794-7124 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses will be forwarded to the Program Chair for consideration.
The goal is for physicians to develop the tools to diagnose, identify therapeutic approaches specifically for treatment of breast cancer, enhance approaches to assist in detecting the disease, evaluate the effectiveness of treatment for advanced breast cancer patients, and appropriately refer patients to clinical trials if needed after the understanding of available therapy.
After attending the conference, participants should be able to
- Conduct a timely recognition and diagnosis of inflammatory and triple-negative breast cancer, and provide appropriate delivery of therapy that involves multidisciplinary care (Knowledge, Competence, Performance, Patient Outcomes);
- Apply the updated management of locally advanced, recurrent breast cancer (Knowledge, Competence, Performance);
- Apply the updated knowledge on new biological findings/genomic information into clinical translation (Knowledge, Competence, Performance, and Patient Outcomes).
- Case Studies
- Audience Response System
- Interactive Groups/Breakouts
- Internet Live Course
A course evaluation tool will provide participants with the opportunity to comment on the value of the program content to their practice decisions, performance improvement activities, or possible impact on patient health status. Participants will also have the opportunity to comment on any perceived commercial bias in the presentations as well as to identify future educational topics.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME Certificates and Attendance Verification Certificates
Certificates awarding AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM or certificates documenting attendance will be emailed when an individual completes the online CME Verification process.
Upon request, a record of attendance (certificate) will be provided via email to other health care professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is an approved provider with commendation of continuing nursing education by the Texas Nurses Association- Approver, and accredited approver with distinction, by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Nurses will be awarded CNE contact hours when requirements for successful completion are met. Nurses must arrive and sign-in no later than 15 minutes after the first session begins and full participation must occur. Nurses must complete an online evaluation that will only be open for 7 consecutive days at the close of the educational activity. A "Certificate of Successful Completion" will be electronically emailed to the address provided.
- On-site registration opens at 7:00 am on Friday, February 28, 2020. The conference will begin at 8:15 am on Friday and will adjourn at 12:30 pm on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
- Advanced registration is encouraged as space and materials are limited. Please see the registration form for applicable fees.
- The full conference registration fee includes the tuition, program materials, continental breakfast, breaks, and lunch.
- The deadline for advanced registration is Thursday, February 6, 2020.
Postmarked on or before February 6, 2020
Physicians (MDs/PhDs) - Non-HAL/TMC Members. . . . . . . .$50.00
Physicians (MDs/PhDs) - HAL/TMC Members. . . . . . . . . . . . . .$0.00
Healthcare Professionals (RNs/PAs/Trainees). . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$30.00
Patients, Caregivers, Advocates and Volunteers . . . . . . . . . . . . . $0.00
Postmarked After February 6, 2020
Physicians (MDs/PhDs) - Non-HAL/TMC Members. . . . . . $70.00
Physicians (MDs/PhDs) - HAL/TMC Members . . . . . . . . . . . .$0.00
Healthcare Professionals (RNs/PAs/Trainees) . . . . . . . . . . . . .$45.00
Patients, Caregivers, Advocates and Volunteers . . . . . . . . . . . . . $0.00
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Check (payable through U.S. banks only)
- Money Order
- Credit Cards (MasterCard, VISA, and American Express)
- Cash (on-site registration only)
A receipt and confirmation letter will be sent to you within ten working days of receipt of your fee.
The registration fee, minus a $25 administrative handling fee, is refundable if a written request is received on or before February 6, 2020. No refunds will be granted after that date. The request for a registration refund must include the tax identification number of the company or institution if registration was paid by a company or institution check.
The Department of CME/Conference Management reserves the right to cancel activities prior to the scheduled date, if low enrollment or other circumstances make it necessary. Each registrant will be notified by mail, e-mail, or at the phone or fax numbers given on the registration form. In case of activity cancellation, the liability of the Department of CME/Conference Management is limited to the registration fee. CME/Conference Management will refund the full registration fee.
The Department of CME/Conference Management reserves the right to limit the number of participants in a program and is not responsible for any expenses incurred by an individual whose registration is not confirmed and for whom space is not available.
- A block of rooms has been reserved for conference attendees at the Houston Marriott Medical Center/Museum District, 6580 Fannin Street, Houston, Texas.
- Early hotel reservation is suggested. To make reservations, please call the hotel reservations at 1-800-228-9290 or 713-796-0080 and identify yourself as part of the Updates on Advanced Breast Cancer Conference (IBC) at MD Anderson.
- The special meeting rate is $169.00 single or double occupancy. Please add 17% Texas State and local taxes. Reservations and deposits received after February 6, 2020 will be confirmed if space is available and at current hotel published guest room rates.
Ground Transportation to the Texas Medical Center
Houston is served by two airports, George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) and William P. Hobby (HOU). The following forms of ground transportation are available to and from the airports to the Medical Center.
Taxis: estimated fare; $55 - $65 USD (one way) Hobby/Medical Center
Taxis: estimated fare: $65 - 80 USD (one way) Houston IAH/Medical Center
Yellow Cab Company (713) 236-1111
United Cab Company (713) 699-0000
Texas Medical Center, Houston, Texas
Parking: Friday, February 28, 2020 (Free for attendees)
Mays Clinic Garage: Self parking is $12 per day. Enter the Mays Clinic Garage at Entrance 5, located on Bertner Avenue between Holcombe Boulevard and Pressler Street. When you enter the Mays Clinic building, go to the third floor and follow the hallway signs to the Duncan Building, or ask a security guard for directions. Take Elevator Q up to the conference center located on floor 8.
You can enter on foot through the Mays Clinic via J.V. Johnson Avenue or through the main entrance via Pressler Street.
MD Anderson employees are encouraged to park in their normal location
Parking fees are not reimbursable.
Click here for a map
Parking: Saturday, February 29, 2020 (Free for attendees)
Saturday parking will be available in the Pressler parking garage across the street from the Cancer Prevention Building. An attendant will be on duty to assist you in entering and exiting the garage, if no attendant, please press the call button at the gate and tell the person who answers that you are attending the MD Anderson – Updates on Advanced Breast Cancer Conference.
Map to Pressler Garage
Photographing, audio taping and videotaping are prohibited.