This conference has ended. This page will be updated when information on next year's conference becomes available.
Innovative Strategies for Improved Cancer Outcomes
Nov. 3-4, 2017
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Anderson Conference Hall
Floor 11 Conference Center (R11.1100)
1515 Holcombe Blvd
Houston, Texas 77030
This conference should be of value to those who make coverage determinations, such as medical directors, case managers and third-party payers.
- Conference Brochure
Registration Information: This is a closed symposium by invitation only.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
This workshop will provide a unique opportunity for health plan medical directors and case managers to hear from leading experts in multidisciplinary oncology care to:
- Gain exposure to novel approaches to complex cancers
- Understand the need for accurate histologic and molecular diagnosis and the methodology required
- See multidisciplinary care in action and appreciate its positive impact on patient care
- Raise awareness of new practice standards emanating from research currently underway at MD Anderson
- Learn how we determine which patients are potential responders to specific therapies
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME Certificates and Attendance Verification Certificates
Certificates awarding AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM or certificates documenting attendance will be distributed to participants as they depart the symposium. To obtain a CME certificate, physicians must submit a completed evaluation questionnaire and a CME Verification Form.
Upon request, a record of attendance (certificate) will be provided on-site to other health care professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center has implemented a process whereby everyone who is in a position to control the content of an educational activity must disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest that could potentially affect the information presented. MD Anderson also requires that all faculty disclose any unlabeled use or investigational use (not yet approved for any purpose) of pharmaceutical and medical device products. Specific disclosure will be made to the participants prior to the educational activity.
Physician Payments Sunshine Act
MD Anderson complies with the Physician Payments Sunshine Act as part of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Accordingly, we may be required to collect information on transfer of value provided to any covered recipient under the ACA.
Registrants are responsible for funding their own airfare and hotel.
- A block of rooms has been reserved for conference attendees Nov. 2-4 for $249 at Hotel ZaZa, 5701 Main St, Houston, Texas. Transportation will be provided to and from Hotel ZaZa and MD Anderson.
- Room block deadline is October 18, 2017
- The hotel phone number is 713-526-1991.
- The toll free number is1-888-880-3244.
- When you make reservations be sure to mention the “Insurance Group Conference rate” to be assured of receiving the special meeting rate of $249. Please add 17% Texas state and local taxes.
- Reservations will confirm and send an email confirmation to guest.
Prices are subject to change and vary depending on the location of the conference.
- Houston is served by two airports, George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) and William P. Hobby (HOU).
- Taxicabs are available at an estimated cost of $50-60 to or from each airport.
- SuperShuttle operates a shuttle bus between George Bush Intercontinental Airport and the Houston Marriott Medical Center for $27 one-way and $54 round-trip. The shuttle between William P. Hobby Airport and the Houston Marriott Medical Center is $24 for one-way and the roundtrip cost is $48. For more information, call 713-523-8888 or toll-free at 800-258-3826.
Parking is available in Garage 10, which is located on the east side of the Clark Clinic, for $12 per day. There are EasyPay Stations on the first, second and third floors, instead of a cashier. The EasyPay Station is a self-serve payment station and will take cash or credit cards. You feed your ticket into the machine, it tells you how much you owe, you then pay that amount and the machine returns your "paid" ticket. Take the "paid" ticket to the exit gate and feed it into a machine there to raise the gate and exit the garage.
Take the crosswalk on level 3 of Garage 10 into MD Anderson. The first set of elevators on your left (next to the guard station) can be used to access floor 11. As you exit the elevator on floor 11, you will be at the back of the auditorium. Turn to your left to follow the hallway to the registration desk and the front of the auditorium.
Click here for a map.
*Parking fees are not reimbursable.
Photographing, audio taping and videotaping are prohibited.
- Contact Mercilla Mangol in the Division of Cancer Medicine at 713-563-3951 if you have any special dietary or ADA accommodation needs.
- Contact Fredrick Castellano, M.B.A., Director, Managed Care Contracting, at 832-750-1425 if you have specific topics, issues, or questions you wish to see addressed or emphasized in this activity. All responses will be forwarded to the Program Chairs for consideration.