This conference has ended. This page will be updated when information on next year's conference becomes available.
Rad Onc 2020: Updates in Radiation Oncology at
MD Anderson Cancer Center
February 7-8, 2020
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Dan L. Duncan Building (CPB)
Floor 8, Conference Center
1155 Pressler Street
Houston, Texas 77030
Febuary 8, 2020
Robert C. Hickey Auditorium, Floor 11
R. Lee Clark Clinic, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Houston, Texas 77030
15.50 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
6.75 CNE contact hours
This conference should be of interest to Physicians, Scientists, Trainees, Students, Advanced Practice Providers, Dosimetrists, Therapists and Nurses.
- Conference Brochure
- Conference Speakers/Committee
- Physician Program Agenda
- Nursing/Dosimetry/Therapy Program Agenda
Agendas are subject to change because we are always striving to improve the quality of your educational experience. MD Anderson may substitute faculty with comparable expertise on rare occasions necessitated by illness, schedule conflicts and so forth.
Please let us know what specific topics, issues or questions you wish to see addressed or emphasized in this activity. Fax CME/Conference Management at 713-794-1724 or email email@example.com. All responses will be forwarded to the Program Chair for consideration.
Rad Onc 2020 is a conference intended to best describe the practices of Radiation Oncology at MD Anderson Cancer Center. Many radiation oncologists and other cancer providers are unaware of current literature and randomized studies that may alter the dose, targeting and technique used in radiation treatment. This 2-day conference will cover the most recent advances in treatment of central nervous system tumors, head neck cancer, lung cancer, gastrointestinal cancer, breast cancer, gynecologic cancer, prostate cancer, lymphoma, and sarcomas. We will share observations and current studies underway at the institution. Many practitioners have significant gaps in their familiarity to assess patients for therapy, and many have not yet encountered specific challenges in radiation oncology treatment.
- Summarize current MD Anderson and NCCN guidelines for radiation therapy for selected cancers (Knowledge, Competence);
- Evaluate radiation therapy plans based on MD Anderson guidelines to improve patient care(Knowledge, Competence,Performance, Patient Outcomes); and
- Summarize current radiation therapy techniques in the treatment of cancer (Knowledge,Competence).
- Question & Answer Sessions
- Case Studies
- Panel Discussions
Accreditation/Credit Designation Information
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center designates live activity for a maximum of 15.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Lectures identified as (SAM) on the program have been submitted for review by the American Board of Radiology to meet the criteria for self-assessment toward the purpose of fulfilling requirements in the ABR Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is an approved provider of continuing ursing education by the Texas Nurses Association – Approver is accredited with distinction as an approver with distinction, of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credientialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Nurses will be awarded up to 6.75 CNE contact hours when requirements for successful completion are met. Nurses must arrive and sign-in no later than 15 minutes after the first session begins and full participation must occur. Nurses must complete an online evaluation that will only be open for 7 consecutive days at the close of the educational activity. A “Certificate of Successful Completion” will be electronically emailed to the address provided.
Continuing education credits for Certified Medical Dosimetrists will be applied for.
Continuing education credits are pending approval by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists.
CME Certificates and Attendance Verification Certificates
Certificates awarding AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ or certificates documenting attendance will be distributed to participants when an individual departs the conference. To obtain a CME certificate, physicians must submit a completed evaluation questionnaire and a CME Verification Form.
A record of attendance (certificate) will be available online to other health care professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
Pre-registration is now closed, On-site registration for the general (physician) program of the conference opens at 7:00 am on Friday, Febuary 7, 2020 at MD Anderson, Mid Campus Building, 1MC Conference Center, Floor 3, 7007 Bertner Avenue, Houston, Texas. The program of the conference will begin at 8:00 am on Friday, Febuary 7 and adjourn at 5:00 pm on Saturday, Febuary 8, 2020.
On-site registration for the nursing/dosimetry/therapy program of the conference opens at 7:30 am on Saturday, Febuary 8, 2020 at Robert C. Hickey Auditorium, Floor 11, R. Lee Clark Clinic, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas. The program will begin on Saturday, Febuary 8, 2020 at 8:00 am and adjourn at 3:45 pm.
Advanced registration is encouraged as space and materials are limited. Please see theregistration form for applicable fees.
The deadline for advanced registration is Friday, January 17, 2020.
REGISTRATION FEES: February 7-8, 2020
• Postmarked on or before 1/24/2020. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$500
• Postmarked after 1/25/2020 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $550
• Postmarked on or before 1/24/2020 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $200
• Postmarked after 1/25/2020 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $225
• Postmarked on or before 1/24/2020. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$400
• Postmarked after 1/25/2020 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $450
• Postmarked on or before 1/24/2020. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$300
• Postmarked after 1/25/2020 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $350
• *MD Anderson Students/Trainees. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Exempt
REGISTRATION FEES: February 8, 2020
Nurses/Medical Dosimetrists/Radiation Therapists
• Postmarked on or before 1/17/2020. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$75
• Postmarked after 1/17/2020 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $100
MDACC Nurses/Medical Dosimetrists/Radiation Therapists
• Postmarked on or before 1/17/2020. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$40
• Postmarked after 1/17/2020 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $50
• *MD Anderson Students/Trainees . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Exempt
*A letter from program director or chair person is required with registration form to claim this fee.
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Check (payable through U.S. banks only)
- Money order
- Credit cards (MasterCard, VISA and American Express)
- Cash (on-site registration only)
If you register online, a receipt/confirmation letter will be automatically emailed to the email address you list on the registration form. If you register by fax or mail, a receipt/confirmation letter will be sent to you within 10 working days of the receipt of your fee.
The registration fee, minus a $50 administrative handling fee, is refundable if a written request is received on or before Friday, January 17, 2020. No refunds will be granted after that date. The request for a registration refund must include the tax identification number of the company or institution if registration was paid by a company or institution check. For additional information, contact CME/Conference Management at 713-792-2223 or toll free at 866-849-5866.
The Department of CME/Conference Management reserves the right to cancel activities prior to the scheduled date, if low enrollment or other circumstances make it necessary. Each registrant will be notified by mail, e-mail, or at the phone or fax numbers given on the registration form.
In case of activity cancellation, the liability of the Department of CME/Conference Management is limited to the registration fee. CME/Conference Management will refund the full registration fee.
The Department of CME/Conference Management reserves the right to limit the number of participants in a program and is not responsible for any expenses incurred by an individual whose registration is not confirmed and for whom space is not available. Please check the website www.mdanderson.org/conferences
Hotel and Transportation
- A block of rooms has been reserved for conference attendees at the Houston Marriott Medical Center Hotel, 6580 Fannin Street, Houston, Texas.
- Early hotel reservation is suggested.
- The Houston Marriott Medical Center phone number is 713-796-0080 and toll free number is 1-800-228-9290.
- When you make reservations, be sure to mention the Rad Onc Conference to be assured of receiving the special meeting rate of $109.00 single or double occupancy. Please add 17% (Texas) state and local taxes.
- Reservations and deposits received after Thursday, January 30, 2020 will be confirmed if space is available and at currently published hotel guest room rates.
- Click on the reservation link below to make online reservations
Book your group rate for Rad Onc Room Block Or https://bit.ly/2YLR8SO
Ground Transportation (prices are subject to change)
Houston is served by two airports, George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) and William P. Hobby (HOU). The following forms of ground transportation are available to and from both airports:
- Uber or Lyft
- Yellow Cab - 713-236-1111
- Fiesta Cab - 713-225-2666
Physicians Parking for Friday, Feb. 7, 2020:
MD Anderson employees are encouraged to park in their normal location; however parking is available at the Mays Clinic garage.
Use Entrance 5 at Holcombe Boulevard at Bertner Avenue to access the garage beneath the Mays Clinic Building. Mays Clinic is adjacent to the conference site, Duncan Building (CPB). Mays Clinic self-parking is $12 per day and valet parking is $15 per day.
From the garage, take the elevators to the second floor and follow the hallway signs to the Duncan Building. After you pass Cool Beans Café on your left, take the Q Elevator Bank , also located on your left, to the Conference Center on the eighth floor.
Garage 2 Parking for Saturday, Feb. 8, 2020:
Park in Garage 2 (Entrance 6 off of Holcombe) and walk cross the street to the Duncan Building (CPB) via J.V. Johnson Ave. – Entrance 7. Take the Q Elevator Bank to the 8th Floor Conference Center. The parking fee is $12/day.
Nursing/Dosimetry/Therapy Parking - Febuary 8, 2020
Parking is available in Garage 10, which is located on the east side of the Clark Clinic. Go to the 3rd floor, walk across the bridge and take the elevator to the 11th floor to reach the conference area. Parking is $12.00 per day. There are EasyPay Stations on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors, instead of a cashier. The EasyPay Station is a self-serve payment station and will take cash or credit cards. You feed your ticket into the machine, it tells you how much you owe, you then pay that amount and the machine spits out your "paid" ticket. Take the "paid" ticket to the exit gate and feed it into a machine there to raise the gate and exit the garage.
Directions to MD Anderson
Houston Area Information
Photographing, audio taping and video taping are prohibited.
Contact the Department of CME/Conference Management at 713-792-2223 or toll free at 866-849-5866 if you have any special dietary or ADA accommodation needs.