This conference has ended. This page will be updated when information on next year's conference becomes available.
April 22, 2017
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Duncan Building (CPB)
Floor 8, Rooms 1-8
Houston, Texas 77030
Conf. # D116795
7.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
This conference should be of value to neurooncologists, neurosurgeons, pathologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, basic/translational neuroscientists and pediatricians.
Agendas are subject to change because we are always striving to improve the quality of your educational experience. MD Anderson may substitute faculty with comparable expertise on rare occasions necessitated by illness, schedule conflicts and so forth.
Please let us know what specific topics, issues or questions you wish to see addressed or emphasized in this activity. Fax CME/Conference Management at 713-794-1724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses will be forwarded to the Program Chair for consideration.
This symposium will provide a unique platform on which subspecialty experts in pediatric brain tumors can share information. Robust interactive sessions will allow participants to discuss current concepts, challenges, and ongoing research in the multimodal treatment of childhood brain tumors.
After attending the conference, participants should be able to:
- Incorporate knowledge, demonstrate competence, and implement in clinical practice the molecular pathogenesis of pediatric brain tumors and clinical trials in newly diagnosed and recurrent brain tumors to improve survival of pediatric patients (Knowledge, Competence, Performance, Patient Outcomes);
- Identify the immunogenic drivers of these tumors and be familiar with immunotherapeutic strategies used against them (Knowledge, Competence);
- Demonstrate competence in understanding the advances in neurosurgical techniques,radiosensitizers, and ABTI and be able to judiciously implement them for diagnosis and follow-up of patients on treatment (Knowledge, Competence, Performance);
- Interpret the development of preclinical models replicating the evolving molecular subtype of different brain tumors and understand its translation into clinical therapeutics (Knowledge, Competence).
- Question and Answer Sessions
- Panel Discussion
A course evaluation form will provide participants with the opportunity to comment on the value of the program content to their practice decisions, performance improvement activities, or possible impact on patient health status. Participants will also have the opportunity to comment on any perceived commercial bias in the presentations as well as to identify future educational topics.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME Certificates and Attendance Verification Certificates
Certificates awarding AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM or certificates documenting attendance will be distributed to participants as they depart the symposium. To obtain a CME certificate, physicians must submit a completed evaluation questionnaire and a CME Verification Form.
Upon request, a record of attendance(certificate) will be provided on-siteto other health care professionals forrequesting credits in accordance withstate nursing boards, specialty societies,or other professional associations.
Physician Payments Sunshine Act
MD Anderson complies with the Physician Payments Sunshine Act as part of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Accordingly, we may be required to collect information on transfer of value provided to any covered recipient under the ACA.
Pre-registration is now closed, you may register on-site.
On-site registration opens at 7:15 am on Saturday, April 22, 2017 at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Dan L. Duncan Building (CPB), Floor 8 Conference Center, 1155 Pressler Street, Houston, Texas 77030. A continental breakfast will be served. The Welcome and Opening Remarks will begin at 8:00 am and the conference will adjourn at 5:15 pm.
Advanced registration is encouraged as space and materials are limited.
The deadline for advanced registration is Wednesday, March 22, 2017.
Physicians (MDs/DOs) before April 5, 2017 - $150.00
Physicians (MDs/DOs) after April 5, 2017 - $175.00
Other Healthcare Professionals and Trainees before April 5, 2017 - $50.00
Other Healthcare Professionals and Trainees after April 5, 2017 - $75.00
MD Anderson - Physicians (MDs/DOs) before April 5, 2017 - $100
MD Anderson - Physicians (MDs/DOs) after April 5, 2017 - $125
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Check (Payable to MD Anderson through U.S. banks only)
- Money order
- Credit cards (MasterCard, VISA and American Express)
- Cash (on-site registrations only)
A receipt and confirmation letter will be sent to you within 10 working days of receipt of your fee.
The registration fee, minus a $50 administrative handling fee, is refundable if a written request is received on or before Wednesday, March 22, 2017. No refunds will be granted after that date. The request for a registration refund must include the tax identification number of the company or institution if registration was paid by a company or institution check.
The Department of CME/Conference Management reserves the right to cancel activities prior to the scheduled date, if low enrollment or other circumstances make it necessary. Each registrant will be notified by mail, e-mail, or the contact numbers as given on the registration form. In case of activity cancellation, liability of the Department of CME/Conference Management is limited to the registration fee. CME/Conference Management will refund the full registration fee.
The Department of CME/Conference Management reserves the right to limit the number of participants in a program and is not responsible for any expenses incurred by an individual whose registration is not confirmed and for whom space is not available.
For additional information, please contact CME/Conference Management at 713-792-2223 or toll free at 866-849-5866.
- A block of rooms has been reserved for conference attendees at the Houston Marriott Medical Center located at 6580 Fannin Street, Houston, Texas.
- Early hotel reservation is suggested and the room block cut off date is: March 30, 2017.
- The hotel phone number is 1-800-228-9290.
- When you make reservations, be sure to mention the group name: Neuroscience Update in Pediatric Neuro-Oncology room block to be assured of receiving the special meeting rate of $119 for a standard guest room. Please add 17% Texas state and local taxes.
Prices are subject to change and vary depending on the location of the conference.
- Houston is served by two airports, George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) and William P. Hobby (HOU).
- Taxicabs are available at an estimated cost of $50-60 to or from each airport.
- SuperShuttle operates a shuttle bus between George Bush Intercontinental Airport and the Houston Marriott Medical Center for $27 one-way and $54 round-trip. The shuttle between William P. Hobby Airport and the Houston Marriott Medical Center is $24 for one-way and the roundtrip cost is $48.
- For more information, call 713-523-8888 or toll-free at 800-258-3826.
Saturday Parking - Garage 2
Parking - Attendees can park in Garage 2 (Holcombe & J.V. Johnson Avenue – Entrance 6) which is the closest self parking garage. Daily rate is $12/day. When you arrive at the garage, take a Smart Chip token from the machine in order to raise the gate arm to enter the garage. When you leave your car be sure to take this token with you as you will need it to pay the parking fee at one of the EasyPay Stations when you leave. Once payment is made the machine will electronically mark your Smart Chip “paid” and will give it back to you. Insert your “paid” Smart Chip into the machine to raise the gate arm to exit the garage.
Photographing, audio taping and video taping are prohibited.