This conference has ended. This page will be updated when information on next year's conference becomes available.
Morgan Welch Inflammatory Breast Cancer Research Program 10th Anniversary Conference: The Future of Inflammatory Breast Cancer
February 11-12, 2017
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
South Campus Research Building (SCRB)
7435 Fannin Street
Houston, Texas 77030
Conf #: D116256
This program should be of interest to physicians, basic researchers, mid-levelpractitioners, advocates, caregivers, nurses and pharmacists.
- Conference Brochure
- Conference Speakers and Committee
- Conference Agenda
- Abstracts Information
Agendas are subject to change because we are always striving to improve the quality of your educational experience. MD Anderson may substitute faculty with comparable expertise on rare occasions necessitated by illness, schedule conflicts and so forth.
Please let us know what specific topics, issues or questions you wish to see addressed or emphasized in this activity. Fax CME/Conference Management at 713-794-1724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses will be forwarded to the Program Chair for consideration.
This two-day meeting is targeted to clinical investigators, practicing physicians, basic researchers, and patient advocates to enhance their knowledge and to facilitate collaboration to accelerate clinical trial development that is beneficial for patients with IBC. We expect new ideas and collaborations from this conference to lead to improvement of disease outcomes, such as survival or tumor response, over the next 3 years.
At the conclusion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Implement novel strategies based on understanding the potential targets for treatment development or prevention strategy in IBC (Knowledge, Competence,Performance, Patient Outcomes)
- Implement novel strategies for diagnostic tool in IBC based on understanding the potential molecular changes and imaging changes related to IBC (Knowledge, Competence, Performance, Patient Outcomes) and
- Develop clinical strategies based on understanding current clinical efforts and discuss future clinical trials that will address the knowledge gap (Competence,Performance, Patient Outcomes)
Lectures - Panel Discussions - Question and Answer Sessions - Breakout Sessions -Posters Session and Presentations - Audience Response System
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center designates this live activity fora maximum of 10.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME CERTIFICATES AND ATTENDANCE VERIFICATION CERTIFICATES
Certificates awarding AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™ or certificates documenting attendance will be distributed to participants when an individual departs the conference. To obtain a CME certificate, physicians must submit a completed evaluation questionnaire and a CME Verification Form.
Upon request, a record of attendance (certificate) will be provided on-site to other healthcare professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
Pre-registration is now closed, you may register on-site.
On-site registration opens at 7:00 am on Saturday, February 11, 2017 at MD Anderson Cancer Center South Campus Research Building, 7435 Fannin Street, Houston, Texas. The opening session of the conference will begin at 8:00 am on Saturday, February 11, 2017and the conference will adjourn at 1:00 pm on Sunday, February 12, 2017.
Advanced registration is encouraged as space and materials are limited.
Please see the registration form for applicable fees.
The conference registration fee includes the tuition, final program pages, breakfasts, lunch and breaks.
The deadline for advanced registration is Friday, January 20, 2017.
Physicians (MDs/DOs/PhDs) before January 20, 2017 - $80.00
Physicians (MDs/DOs/PhDs) after January 20, 2017 - $125.00
Healthcare Professionals before January 20, 2017 - $30.00
Healthcare Professionals after January 20, 2017 - $50.00
Patients, Caregiver, and Advocates: $15.00
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Check (payable through U.S. banks only)
- Money order
- Credit cards (MasterCard, VISA and American Express)
- Cash (on-site registration only)
The registration fee, minus a $50 administrative handling fee, is refundable if a written request is received on or before Friday, January 20, 2017. No refunds will be granted after that date. The request for a registration refund must include the tax identification number of the company or institution if registration was paid by a company or institution check.
The Department of CME/Conference Management reserves the right to cancel activities prior to the scheduled date, if low enrollment or other circumstances make it necessary. Each registrant will be notified by mail, e-mail, or at the phone or fax numbers given on the registration form.
In case of activity cancellation, the liability of the Department of CME/ConferenceManagement is limited to the registration fee. CME/Conference Management will refund the full registration fee.
The Department of CME/Conference Management reserves the right to limit the number of participants in a program and is not responsible for any expenses incurred by an individual whose registration is not confirmed and for whom space is not available.
Please check the website www.mdanderson.org/conferences
For additional information, contact CME/Conference Management at 713-792-2223 or toll free at 866-849-5866.
- A block of rooms has been reserved for conference attendees at Houston MarriottMedical Center Hotel, 6580 Fannin Street, Houston, Texas.
- Early reservation is suggested.
- The hotel phone number is 713-796-0080. The toll free number is 1-800-228-9290.
- When you make reservations be sure to mention the “Inflammatory Breast Cancer(IBC) Conference” to be assured of receiving the special meeting rate of $110.00 single or double occupancy. Please add 17% Texas state and local taxes.
- Room Reservation Website: Click Here
- Reservations and deposits received after Friday, January 27, 2017, will be confirmed if space is available and at currently published hotel guest room rates.
GROUND TRANSPORTATION (Prices are subject to change)
- Houston is served by two airports, George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) and William P.Hobby (HOU).
- Taxicabs are available at an estimated cost of $50-$60 to or from William P. Hobby Airport or George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
- SuperShuttle operates a shuttle bus between George Bush Intercontinental Airport and the Houston Marriott Medical Center Hotel, for $27 one-way and $53 round-trip. For more information, call 713-523-8888 or toll free at 1-800-258-3826, or online at www.supershuttle.com
- SuperShuttle operates a shuttle bus between William P. Hobby Airport and the Houston Marriott Medical Center Hotel for $23 one-way and $43 round-trip. For more information, call 713-523-8888 or toll-free at 1-800-258-3826, or online at www.supershuttle.com
Photographing, audio taping and video taping are prohibited.
Contact Felisha Estelle in the Department of CME/Conference Management at 713-745-0083 if you have any special dietary or ADA accommodation needs.
Please let us know what specific topics, issues, or questions you wish to see addressed or emphasized in this activity. Fax or e-mail CME/Conference Management. All responses will be forwarded to the Program Chairs for consideration.