Medical Oncology and Hematology 2019:
Multidisciplinary Approaches that Improve Coordination of Care
Feb. 14-15, 2019
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Dan L. Duncan Building (CPB) Floor 8 Conference Center
1155 Pressler Street
Houston, Texas 77030
Conf. #: D120499
15.50 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
This conference should be of value to medical oncologists, hematologists, primary care physicians and other healthcare professionals.
Agendas are subject to change because we are always striving to improve the quality of your educational experience. MD Anderson may substitute faculty with comparable expertise on rare occasions necessitated by illness, schedule conflicts and so forth.
Please let us know what specific topics, issues or questions you wish to see addressed or emphasized in this activity. Fax CME/Conference Management at 713-794-7124 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses will be forwarded to the Program Chair for consideration.
The goal of this activity is to address the ongoing need for educating practicing physicians about new cancer therapies and screening, current treatment guidelines and resources available to assist them in their cancer screening practices.
Also, the activity will focus on new advances within the last year along with other groundbreaking scientific discoveries. In conclusion, physicians will have a new awareness and knowledge in optimal use of new therapies for cancer and screening practices.
After attending the conference, participants should be able to:
- Incorporate prognostic factors and guidelines by tumor site into clinical practice, providing more accurate, personalized diagnosis and optimal treatment options for improved patient care in hematology and solid tumor oncology (Knowledge, Competence, Performance, Patient Outcomes);
- Be equipped with an awareness of the cancer care continuum and the place of primary care as well as the resources available for assisting patients through phases of cancer survivorship care (Knowledge, Competence, Performance, Patient Outcomes);
- Provide patients with prevention guidance through early detection and clinical intervention (Knowledge, Competence, Performance, Patient Outcomes);
- Apply current screening guidelines and recommendations to detect cancer in primary care setting early enough for optimal referral to specialists who provide up-to-date optimal treatment plans (Knowledge, Competence, Performance, Patient Outcomes).
Lecture/Didactic – Question and Answer Sessions
A conference evaluation link will be included in the final program. This online survey will give participants the opportunity to comment on the value of the program content to their practice decisions, performance improvement activities, or possible impact on patient health status. Participants will also have the opportunity to comment on any perceived commercial bias in the presentations as well as to identify future educational topics.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 15.50 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The session entitled, Medical Ethics, has been designated by The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center for 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM in medical ethics and/or professional responsibility.
CME Certificates and Attendance Verification Certificates
Certificates awarding AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM or certificates documenting attendance will be emailed when an individual completes the online CME Verification process after the conference.
- On-site registration opens at 7:00 am on Thursday, February 14, 2019. The conference will begin at 8:00 am and adjourns at 3:55 pm on Friday, February 15, 2019.
- Early registration is encouraged as space and materials are limited.
- Postmarked before January 7., 2019 $375
- Postmarked after January 7, 2019 $425
- Postmarked before January 7, 2019 $175
- Postmarked after January 7, 2019 $200
- Postmarked before January 7, 2019 $25
- Postmarked after January 7, 2019 $50
MD Anderson RNs/NPs/PAs
- Postmarked before January 7, 2019 $125
- Postmarked after January 7, 2019 $150
CME/Conference Management – Unit 1781
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
P.O. Box 301407
Houston, TX 77230-1407
713-794-1724 (Printable Form)
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Check (payable through U.S. banks only)
- Money order schedule.
- Credit cards (MasterCard, VISA and American Express)
- Cash (on-site registration only)
When registering online a receipt/confirmation letter will be automatically emailed to the email address you list on the registration form. If you register by fax or mail a receipt/ confirmation letter will be sent to you within ten working days of receipt of your fee.
The registration fee, minus a $50 administrative handling fee, is refundable if a written request is received on or before January 7, 2019. No refunds will be granted after that date. The request for a registration refund must include the tax identification number of the company or institution if registration was paid by a company or institution check.
CME/Conference Management reserves the right to cancel activities prior to the scheduled date, if low enrollment or other circumstances make it necessary. Each registrant will be notified by mail, e-mail, or the contact numbers as given on the registration form. In case of activity cancellation, liability of CME/Conference Management is limited to the registration fee. CME/Conference Management will refund the full registration fee.
CME/Conference Management reserves the right to limit the number of participants in a program and is not responsible for any expenses incurred by an individual whose registration is not confirmed and for whom space is not available.
For additional information, please contact CME/Conference Management at 713-792-2223 or toll free at 866-849-5866.
- A block of rooms has been reserved for conference attendees at the Houston Marriott Medical Center located at 6580 Fannin Street, Houston, Texas.
- The hotel phone number is 1-800-228-9290
- Early hotel reservation is suggested and the room block cutoff date is Wednesday, January 16, 2019
- When you make reservations, be sure to mention the group name: Medical Oncology, Hematology and Primary Care Conference to be assured of receiving the special meeting rate of $159 for a standard guest room. Please add 17% Texas state and local taxes.
Ground Transporation (prices are subject to change and variable depending on location of conference)
- Houston is served by two airports, George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) and William P. Hobby (HOU).
- Taxicabs are available at an estimated cost of $50-60, to or from William P. Hobby Airport or George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
- Super Shuttle operates a shuttle bus between George Bush Intercontinental Airport and the Houston Marriott Medical Center for $27 one-way and $54 round-trip. For more information, call 713-523-8888 or toll-free at 800-258-3826 or online at www.supershuttle.com.
- Super Shuttle operates a shuttle bus between William P. Hobby Airport and the Houston Marriott Medical Center for $24 one-way and $48 round-trip. For more information,
MD Anderson employees are encouraged to park in their normal location; however parking is available at the Mays Clinic garage.
Use Entrance 5 at Holcombe Boulevard at Bertner Avenue to access the garage beneath the Mays Clinic Building. Mays Clinic is adjacent to the conference site, Duncan Building (CPB). Mays Clinic self-parking is $12 per day and valet parking is $15 per day.
From the garage, take the elevators to the second floor and follow the hallway signs to the Duncan Building. After you pass Cool Beans Café on your left, take the Q Elevator Bank , also located on your left, to the Conference Center on the eighth floor.
Photographing, audio taping and videotaping are prohibited.