MD Anderson 2nd Annual Sawyer
International Pancreatobiliary Symposium
Dec. 1-2, 2017
MD Anderson, Dan L. Duncan Building
Conference Center, Floor 8
1155 Pressler Street
Conf. #: D117208
8.50 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
This symposium should be of value togastroenterologists, medical oncologists,surgeons, interventional radiologists, andinternists.
Agendas are subject to change because we are always striving to improve the quality of your educational experience. MD Anderson may substitute faculty with comparable expertise on rare occasions necessitated by illness, schedule conflicts and so forth.
Please let us know what specific topics, issues or questions you wish to see addressed or emphasized in this activity. Fax CME/Conference Management at 713-794-1724 or email email@example.com. All responses will be forwarded to the Program Chair for consideration.
The goal of this symposium is to understand how cholangiocarcinoma and other biliary pancreatic cancers can be best managed by clinicians in this area. During this international symposium, the experts from various regions of the world will share the findings of their research, clinical experience, and recommendations regarding these cancers. We expect this symposium will change the practice of the attendees who will acquire the state-of-the-art clinical information about the diseases, thus improving the overall survival of patients with the diseases.
After attending the conference, participants should be able to
- Apply advances in imaging, endoscopic techniques, and cytopathology in the treatment of biliary pancreatic diseases (Knowledge, Competence,Performance);
- Utilize therapeutic endoscopy and interventional radiology, while assessing the strengths and limitations of different approaches, in managing biliary obstruction (Knowledge, Competence,Performance, Patient Outcomes);
- Implement updates on surgical approach for resection, transplant,and palliative surgery into practice(Knowledge, Competence,Performance);
- Incorporate the best available chemotherapy regimen and/or radiation treatment (Knowledge, Competence,Performance).
- Panel Discussions
- Case Studies
- Question and Answer Sessions
A course evaluation form will provide participants with the opportunity to comment on the value of the program content to their practice decisions,performance improvement activities, or possible impact on patient health status. Participants will also have the opportunity to comment on any perceived commercial bias in the presentations as well as to identify future educational topics.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 8.50 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME Certificates and Attendance Verification Certificates
Certificates awarding AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ or certificates documenting attendance will be distributed to participants when an individual departs the conference. To obtain a CME certificate, physicians must submit a completed evaluation questionnaire and a CME verification form.
Upon request, a record of attendance (certificate) will be provided on-site to other health care professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center has implemented a process whereby everyone who is in a position to control the content of an educational activity must disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest that could potentially affect the information presented. MD Anderson also requires that all faculty disclose any unlabeled use or investigational use (not yet approved for any purpose) of pharmaceutical and medical device products. Specific disclosure will be made to the participants prior to the educational activity.
Physician Payments Sunshine Act
MD Anderson complies with the Physician Payments Sunshine Act as part of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Accordingly, we may be required to collect information on transfer of value provided to any covered recipient under the ACA.
- On-site registration opens at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, December 1, 2017.
- The symposium will begin at 5:45 p.m on Friday, December 1, 2017, and adjourn at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, December 2, 2017.
- Advance registration is encouraged as space and materials are limited. Please see the registration form for applicable fees.
- The full conference registration fee includes the tuition, program syllabus, continental breakfast, breaks, and lunch.
- Physicians: $50.00
- Students/Fellows/Residents: 25.00
John Stroehlein Distinguished Professorship and Charles Butt and H-E-B Gastrointestinal Cancer Prevention, Research,and Education Program
for trainees, endoscopy nurses and technicians, MLPs and endoscopy research teams to benefit from this program.
H-E-B Gastrointestinal Cancer Prevention, Research,
and Education Program
is an endowment to The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
If interested in applying for this scholarship please indicate on the printable registration form or the on-line registration system.
Please note only the registration fee is covered under the scholarship award
Limited scholarships awards' first come, first served and a letter of verfication will be requested for final approval of scholarship.
Other Ways to Register Mail to:
CME/Conference Management, Unit 1781
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
P.O. Box 301407
Houston, TX 77230-1407
Fax to: 713-794-1724 (Printable Form)
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Check (payable to The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, through U.S. banks only)
- Money order, Credit cards (MasterCard, VISA and American Express)
- Cash (on-site registration only)
No refunds will be granted after Nov. 17, 2017. The request for a registration refund must include the tax identification number of the company or institution if registration was paid by a company or institution check. For additional information, contact CME/Conference Management at 713-792-2223 or toll free at 866-849-5866 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department of CME/Conference Management reserves the right to cancel activities prior to the scheduled date if low enrollment or other circumstances make it necessary. Each registrant will be notified by mail, email or at the phone or fax numbers given on the registration form.
In case of activity cancellation, the liability of the Department of CME/Conference Management is limited to the registration fee. CME/Conference Management will refund the full registration fee.
The Department of CME/Conference Management reserves the right to limit the number of participants in a program and is not responsible for any expenses incurred by an individual whose registration is not confirmed and for whom space is not available.
- A block of rooms has been reserved for conference attendees at the Houston Marriott Medical Center, 6580 Fannin Street, Houston, Texas.
- Early hotel reservation is suggested. To make reservations, please call Reservations at 713-796-0080 and identify yourself as part of the MD Anderson 2nd Sawyer International Pancreatobiliary Symposium.
- The special meeting rate is $99.00 single or double occupancy. Please add 17% Texas State and local taxes.
- Reservations and deposits received after November 10, 2017 will be confirmed if space is available and at current hotel published guest room rates.
Prices are subject to change and vary depending on the location of the conference.
- Houston is served by two airports, George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) and William P. Hobby (HOU).
- Taxicabs are available at an estimated cost of $50-60 to or from each airport.
- SuperShuttle operates a shuttle bus between George Bush Intercontinental Airport and the Houston Marriott Medical Center for $27 one-way and $54 round-trip. The shuttle between William P. Hobby Airport and the Houston Marriott Medical Center is $24 for one-way and the roundtrip cost is $48. For more information, call 713-523-8888 or toll-free at 800-258-3826.
Parking information will available soon
Map to Pressler Garage