This conference has ended. This page will be updated when information on next year'sconference becomes available.
MD Anderson 3rd Annual Sawyer Pancreato-Biliary and Gastrointestinal
Cancer Symposium at TSGE: Case-Based Learning and Discussions
Sept. 21, 2018
500 East 4th Street
Conf. #: D120867
5.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
This symposium should be of value togastroenterologists, medical oncologists,surgeons, interventional radiologists, and internists.
- Conference Brochure
- Conference Agenda
- Conference Speakers and Committee
Agendas are subject to change because we are always striving to improve the quality of your educational experience. MD Anderson may substitute faculty with comparable expertise on rare occasions necessitated by illness, schedule conflicts and so forth.
Please let us know what specific topics, issues or questions you wish to see addressed or emphasized in this activity. Fax CME/Conference Management at 713-794-1724 or email email@example.com. All responses will be forwarded to the Program Chair for consideration.
The goal of this Symposium is to understand how cholangiocarcinoma and other biliary pancreatic cancers can be best managed by clinicians in this area. During this international symposium, the experts from various regions of the world will share the findings of their research, clinical experience, and recommendations regarding these cancers. We expect this symposium will change the practice of the attendees who will acquire the state-of-the-art clinical information about the diseases, thus improving the overall survival of patients with the diseases.
After attending the conference, participants should be able to:
- Apply the strategy in establishing diagnosis promptly (Knowledge, Competence, Performance);
- Perform appropriate endoscopic procedures (Knowledge, Competence, Performance);
- Incorporate the updated chemotherapy regimen and radiation treatment in patient care (Knowledge, Competence, Performance);
- Provide appropriate referral to the specialty in a timely manner (Knowledge, Competence);
- Implement multidisciplinary approach in care of patients with cancers to improve patient care (Knowledge, Competence, Performance, Patient Outcomes).
- Panel Discussions
- Case Studies
- Question and Answer Sessions
A course evaluation form will provide participants with the opportunity to comment on the value of the program content to their practice decisions,performance improvement activities, or possible impact on patient health status. Participants will also have the opportunity to comment on any perceived commercial bias in the presentations as well as to identify future educational topics.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME Certificates and Attendance Verification Certificates
Certificates awarding AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ or certificates documenting attendance will be distributed to participants when an individual departs the conference. To obtain a CME certificate, physicians must submit a completed evaluation questionnaire and a CME verification form.
Upon request, a record of attendance (certificate) will be provided on-site to other health care professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center has implemented a process whereby everyone who is in a position to control the content of an educational activity must disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest that could potentially affect the information presented. MD Anderson also requires that all faculty disclose any unlabeled use or investigational use (not yet approved for any purpose) of pharmaceutical and medical device products. Specific disclosure will be made to the participants prior to the educational activity.
Physician Payments Sunshine Act
MD Anderson complies with the Physician Payments Sunshine Act as part of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Accordingly, we may be required to collect information on transfer of value provided to any covered recipient under the ACA.
- Pre-registration is now closed, on-site registration opens at 11:30 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 21, 2018.
- The symposium will begin at noon and adjourn at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 21, 2018.
- Advance registration is encouraged as space and materials are limited. Please see the registration form for applicable fees.
- The full conference registration fee includes the tuition, program syllabus, lunch and breaks.
- TSGE Members: $49
- Physicians: $99
- Students/Fellows/Residents/HC Professionals: $25
We accept the following forms of payment:
Check (payable through U.S. banks only)
Credit cards (MasterCard, Visa and American Express)
Cash (on-site registration only)
If you register online, a receipt/confirmation letter will be automatically emailed to the email address you list on the registration form. If you register by fax or mail, a receipt/confirmation letter will be sent to you within 10 working days of the receipt of your fee.
No refunds will be granted after Aug. 31, 2018. The request for a registration refund must include the tax identification number of the company or institution if registration was paid by a company or institution check. For additional information, contact CME/Conference Management at 713-792-2223 or toll free at 866-849-5866 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department of CME/Conference Management reserves the right to cancel activities prior to the scheduled date if low enrollment or other circumstances make it necessary. Each registrant will be notified by mail, email or at the phone or fax numbers given on the registration form.
In case of activity cancellation, the liability of the Department of CME/Conference Management is limited to the registration fee. CME/Conference Management will refund the full registration fee.
The Department of CME/Conference Management reserves the right to limit the number of participants in a program and is not responsible for any expenses incurred by an individual whose registration is not confirmed and for whom space is not available.
- A block of rooms is available for symposium attendees at the Hilton Austin, 500 East 4th Street, Austin, TX 78701, Phone: 844-341-7516.
- The special meeting rate is $232 single or double occupancy. Please add 17% Texas state and local taxes.
- When you make reservations be sure to mention the MD Anderson 3rd Annual Sawyer Pancreato-Biliary Conference
- Please click here to make your reservations through the TSGE room block
Prices are subject to change and vary depending on the location of the conference.
- Transportation from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport to and from the Hilton Austin is available by taxi at approximately $30/each way; and also by Super Shuttle. For Super Shuttle please make reservations at www.supershuttle.com and use code HILTN for a 5% discount. The cost is approximately $16/each way.
Self parking: $32 (Parking Lot)
Valet: $41 (Valet Parking)
Contact CME/Conference Management at 713-792-2223 or toll free at 866-849-5866 if you have any special dietary or ADA accommodation needs.