MD Anderson - Stanford Conferece on Advanced Techniques and
Technologies for Radiation Oncology
October 25-26, 2018
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Mid Campus Building 1, 1MC Conference Center, Floor 3
7007 Bertner Ave.
Houston, TX 77030
Conf. #: D121027
11.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
This conference should be of interest to residents, physicists and physicians.
- Conference Brochure Coming Soon
- Conference Agenda Coming Soon
- Conference Speakers/Committe Coming Soon
Agendas are subject to change because we are always striving to improve the quality of your educational experience. MD Anderson may substitute faculty with comparable expertise on rare occasions necessitated by illness, schedule conflicts and so forth.
Please let us know what specific topics, issues or questions you wish to see addressed or emphasized in this activity. Fax CME/Conference Management at 713-794-1724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses will be forwarded to the Program Chair for consideration.
After attending this conference, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the role of MR-guidance in radiotherapy (Knowledge, Competence);
- Evaluate the role of proton therapy and carbon ion therapy in cancer treatment (Knowledge, Competence);
- Utilize emerging techniques and technologies to impact patient care and exchange ideas for future research and development (Knowledge, Competence, Performance, Patient Outcomes);
- Assess the latest imaging advancements and the role in the treatment of cancer using radiotherapy (Knowledge, Competence);
- Assess the quality and safety measures in the delivery of radiation therapy (Knowledge, Competence).
The goals for The MD Anderson – Stanford Conference on Advanced Techniques and Technologies for Radiation Oncology are to:
- Explore opportunities for research collaboration among participating institutions and MDA
- Update attendees on emerging techniques and technologies
- Exchange ideas for future research and development
A course evaluation survey will provide participants with the opportunity to comment on the value of the program content to their practice decisions, performance improvement activities, or possible impact on patient health status. Participants will also have the opportunity to comment on any perceived commercial bias in the presentations as well as to identify future educational topics.
- Question & Answer Sessions
- Case Studies
- Panel Discussions
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 11.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing education credits are pending approval by the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Programs, Inc.
CME Certificates and Attendance Verification Certificates
Certificates awarding AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ or certificates documenting attendance will be distributed to participants when an individual completes the conference evaluation at the link provided in the CME materials.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center has implemented a process whereby everyone who is in a position to control the content of an educational activity must disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest that could potentially affect the information presented. MD Anderson also requires that all faculty disclose any unlabeled use or investigational use (not yet approved for any purpose) of pharmaceutical and medical device products. Specific disclosure will be made to the participants prior to the educational activity.
Physician Payments Sunshine Act
MD Anderson complies with the Physician Payments Sunshine Act as part of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Accordingly, we may be required to collect information on transfer of value to any covered recipient under the ACA.
General Registration Information
- On-site registration for the conference opens at 12:00 pm on Thursday, October 25, 2018 at MD Anderson, Mid Campus Building, Floor 3, Conference Center, 7007 Bertner Street, Houston, Texas. The program of the conference will begin at 1:00 pm on Thursday, October 25, 2018 and adjourn at 4:10 pm on Friday, October 26, 2018.
- Advance registration is encouraged as space and materials are limited.
- The conference registration fee includes the tuition, final program pages, breakfasts, lunches, and coffee breaks
CME/Conference Management – Unit 1781
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
P.O. Box 301407
Houston, TX 77230-1407
713-794-1724 (Registration Form)
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Check (payable through U.S. banks only)
- Money order schedule.
- Credit cards (MasterCard, VISA and American Express)
- Cash (on-site registration only)
When registering online a receipt/confirmation letter will be automatically emailed to the email address you list on the registration form. If you register by fax or mail a receipt/ confirmation letter will be sent to you within ten working days of receipt of your fee.
The registration fee, minus a $50 administrative handling fee, is refundable if a written request is received on or before Friday, October 12, 2018. No refunds will be granted after that date. The request for a registration refund must include the tax identification number of the company or institution if registration was paid by a company or institution check. For additional information, contact CME/Conference Management at 713-792-2223 or toll free at 866-849-5866.
CME/Conference Management reserves the right to cancel activities prior to the scheduled date, if low enrollment or other circumstances make it necessary. Each registrant will be notified by mail, e-mail, or at the phone or fax numbers given on the registration form.
In case of activity cancellation, the liability of CME/Conference Management is limited to the registration fee. CME/Conference Management will refund the full registration fee.
CME/Conference Management reserves the right to limit the number of participants in a program and is not responsible for any expenses incurred by an individual whose registration is not confirmed and for whom space is not available.
Please check the website www.mdanderson.org/conferences
- A block of rooms has been reserved for conference attendees at the Houston Marriott Medical Center Hotel, 6580 Fannin Street, Houston, Texas.
- The Houston Marriott Medical Center phone number is 713-796-0080 and toll free number is 1-800-228-9290.
- When you make reservations, be sure to mention the MD Anderson/Stanford Conference to be assured of receiving the special meeting rate of $122.00 single or double occupancy. Please add 17% (Texas) state and local taxes.
- Reservations and deposits received after Thursday, September 27, 2018 will be confirmed if space is available and at currently published hotel guest room rates.
Prices are subject to change and vary depending on the location of the conference.
- Houston is served by two airports, George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) and William P. Hobby (HOU).
- Taxicabs are available at an estimated cost of $40-60, to or from William P. Hobby Airport or George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
- Super Shuttle operates a shuttle bus between George Bush Intercontinental Airport and the Houston Marriott Medical Center for $27 one-way and $52 round-trip. For more information, call 713-523-8888 or toll-free at 800-258-3826 or online at www.supershuttle.com.
- Super Shuttle operates a shuttle bus between William P. Hobby Airport and the Houston Marriott Medical Center for $19 one-way and $42 round-trip. For more information, call 713-523-8888 or toll-free at 800-258-3826 or online at www.supershuttle.com.
Parking for Mid Campus 1 Building is available in the garage adjacent to the building at 1400 S. Braeswood Houston, TX 77030. Push the the button at the entry to receive a ticket. Take the garage elevators to Floor 5 and then the sky bridge to enter the building. Parking is $12 per day. Payment can be made with your ticket inside the building or as you leave the building.
Photographing, audio taping and videotaping are prohibited.