7th Intraoperative Imaging Society Meeting
Mar. 13-16, 2019
Hilton Post Oak by the Galleria
2001 Post Oak Boulevard
Houston, TX 77056
The target audience includes neurosurgeons, neurologists, anesthesiologists, radiologists, engineers, and imaging physicists.
Agendas are subject to change because we are always striving to improve the quality of your educational experience. MD Anderson may substitute faculty with comparable expertise on rare occasions necessitated by illness, schedule conflicts and so forth.
Please let us know what specific topics, issues or questions you wish to see addressed or emphasized in this activity. Fax CME/Conference Management at 713-794-1724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses will be forwarded to the Program Chair for consideration.
This activity, jointly provided by MD Anderson and Intraoperative Imaging Society (IOIS) will directly impact patient care, in the outcomes, and complications, will be directly addressed by the sessions involved. This activity will review the state of the art in intraoperative imaging and how it is mostly appropriately applied with presentations from international experts in the various modalities of intraoperative imaging. Medical knowledge will be improved through the discussion of how best to employ imaging while avoiding potential complications of imaging use during surgery.
After attending the conference, participants should be able to:
- Explain the utility of intraoperative imaging (Knowledge, Competence);
- Interpret future trends in intraoperative imaging (Knowledge, Competence);
- Implement methods of clinical research in tumor outcomes related to intraoperative imaging (Knowledge, Competence, Performance);
- Identify the ideal intraoperative imaging solution for the attendee’s hospital (Knowledge);
- Apply advanced imaging modalities in pre-surgical planning to improve patient outcomes (Knowledge, Competence, Performance, Patient Outcomes).
Lectures – Case Studies- Question and Answer Sessions – Panel Discussion– Hands-on Workshops
A course evaluation form will provide participants with the opportunity to comment on the value of the program content to their practice decisions, performance improvement activities, or possible impact on patient health status. Participants will also have the opportunity to comment on any perceived commercial bias in the presentations as well as to identify future educational topics.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center and the Intraoperative Imaging Society (IOIS). The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 20.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME Certificates and Attendance Verification Certificates
Certificates awarding AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM or certificates documenting attendance will be e-mailed when an individual completes the on-line CME Verification process after the conference.
On-site registration for the 7th Intraoperative Imaging Society Meeting opens at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at the Hilton Post Oak by the Galleria, 2001 Post Oak Blvd., Houston, Texas 77056 . The Practical Course will begin at noon on Wednesday, March 13, 2019 and the conference will begin on Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 8:00 am. The conference ends on Saturday, March 16, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
Advance registration is encouraged as space and materials are limited. Please see registration form for applicable fees.
The deadline for advance registration is February 22, 2019.
Intraoperative Society Members
- Postmarked before February 22, 2018 - $450.00
- Postmarked after February 22, 2018 - $500.00
- Postmarked before February 22, 2018 - $550.00
- Postmarked after February 22, 2018 - $600.00
Students/Fellows, other Health Care Professionals
- Postmarked before February 22, 2018 - $250.00
- Postmarked after February 22, 2018 - $300.00
Wednesday – Practical Course Workshop (Limited 50) - $50.00
Friday – George Ranch - Guest Fee - $75.00
Department of CME/Conference Management, Unit 1781
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
P.O. Box 301407
Houston, TX 77030-1407
713-794-1724 (Printale Form)
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Check (payable through U.S. banks only)
- Money Order
- Credit Cards (MasterCard, VISA, and American Express)
- Cash (on-site registration only)
A receipt and confirmation letter will be sent to you within ten working days of receipt of your fee.
Refund/Cancellation Policy: The registration fee, minus a $50 administrative handling fee, is refundable if a written request is received on or before February 22, 2019. No refunds will be granted after that date. The request for a registration refund must include the tax identification number of the company or institution if registration was paid by a company or institution check.
CME/Conference Management reserves the right to cancel activities prior to the scheduled date, if low enrollment or other circumstances make it necessary. Each registrant will be notified either by mail, e-mail, or at the phone or fax numbers given on the registration form.
In case of activity cancellation, liability of CME/Conference Management is limited to the registration fee. CME/Conference Management will refund the full registration fee. CME/Conference Management reserves the right to limit the number of participants in a program and is not responsible for any expenses incurred by an individual whose registration is not confirmed and for whom space is not available.
For additional information, contact CME/Conference Management at 713-792-2223 or toll free at 866-849-5866.
- A block of rooms has been reserved for conference attendees at the Hilton Houston Post Oak, 2001 Post Oak Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77056.
- Early hotel reservation is suggested.
- The hotel phone number is 713-796-0080.
- When you make reservations be sure to mention The Intraoperative Conference to be assured of receiving the special meeting rate of $159.00 single or double occupancy. Please add 17% Texas state and local taxes.
- Reservations and deposits received after January 29, 2019 will be confirmed if space is available and at current hotel published guest room rates.
Ground Transportation (prices are subject to change and may vary depending on location of the conference)
- Houston is served by two airports, George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) and William P. Hobby (HOU).
- Taxicabs are available at an estimated cost of $50-60, to or from William P. Hobby Airport or George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
- Super Shuttle operates a shuttle bus between George Bush Intercontinental Airport and the Houston Marriott Medical Center for $27 one-way and $54 round-trip. For more information, call 713-523-8888 or toll-free at 800-258-3826 or online at www.supershuttle.com.
- Super Shuttle operates a shuttle bus between William P. Hobby Airport and the Houston Marriott Medical Center for $24 one-way and $48 round-trip. For more information, call 713-523-8888 or toll-free at 800-258-3826 or online at www.supershuttle.com.
- Self parking: $24.00
- Valet: $34.00
Photographing, audio taping and videotaping are prohibited.