This is no longer available. This page will be updated when information on next year's conference becomes available.
Interventional Pulmonology in Cancer Patients - Online
- Release Date: Dec. 1, 2018
- Expiration Date: Sept. 1, 2019
- Estimated time to complete: 6 hours, 45 minutes
- Utilize appropriate lung cancer screening techniques according to national guidelines and standards (knowledge, competence, performance)
- Implement the appropriate work up for the lung cancer patients, using available staging modalities while understanding their individual limitations (knowledge, competence, performance)
- Describe the therapeutic options for management of airway tumors (knowledge, competence)
- Interpret the available evidence for adjunctive therapies in the palliative and curative management of lung cancer (knowledge, competence)
- Utilize the principles of evidence-based medicine in evaluating new technologies (knowledge, competence)
- Incorporate evidence based best practices for the management of recurrent malignant pleural effusions (knowledge, competence, performance, patient outcomes)
These materials should be of interest to board-eligible/certified pulmonologists, thoracic surgeons, and trainees in pulmonary, critical care medicine, and thoracic surgery that have an interest in interventional pulmonology.
- Online lectures
- Online quizzes
A course evaluation form will provide participants with the opportunity to comment on the value of the program content to their practice decisions, performance improvement activities, or possible impact on patient health status. Participants will also have the opportunity to comment on any perceived ommercial bias in the presentations as well as to identify future educational topics.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center designates this enduring material for a maximum of 6.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
|Physician (Sakai - online access)||$700|
|Physician-in-Training (Sakai - online access)||$500|
Once registration has been submitted online and payment verified, you will receive an electronic email from the Sakai online system. At that time you will have online access to all of the Interventional Pulmonology Online Educational Materials.
Please contact Eric Gagneaux with any material/Sakai questions at 713-745-0080 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For registration issues, please contact Francisco Ostolaza at 713-563-0154 or email at FOstolaz@mdanderson.org.