7th State of the Science Cancer Survivorship Research Symposium
Nov. 15, 2019
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Duncan Building (CPB)
Floor 8, Rooms 1-8
1155 Pressler St.
Houston, TX 77030
Conf #: D121470
6.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit TM
- Advanced Practice Providers
- Oncology Nurses
- Social Workers
Target Audience: This conference should be of interest to Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers, Oncology Nurses, Researchers, Social Workers and Psychologists.
Agendas are subject to change because we are always striving to improve the quality of your educational experience. MD Anderson may substitute faculty with comparable expertise on rare occasions necessitated by illness, schedule conflicts and so forth.
Please let us know what specific topics, issues or questions you wish to see addressed or emphasized in this activity. Fax CME/Conference Management at 713-794-1724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses will be forwarded to the Program Chair for consideration.
- Assimilate and translate the benefits of using a transdisciplinary public health approach to survivorship research and care (knowledge, competence);
- Extend competence and knowledge of researchers and providers for the need to support research that will encourage healthy lifestyles, wellness, and prevention in the growing population of cancer survivors (knowledge, competence, performance, patient outcomes);
- Identify strategies for bringing together investigators with interests in energy balance, behavioral science, population health and basic science to generate a collective impact on advancing cancer survivorship research (knowledge, competence, patient outcomes); and
- Provide a forum to develop transdisciplinary collaborations to expand cancer survivorship research and enhance long‐term care of survivors (knowledge, competence, performance, patient outcomes).
Lectures, Panel discussion, Poster session/presentations, Question‐and‐Answer session and Breakout session
On-site registration opens at 7:00 a.m. on Friday, November 15, 2019. The symposium will begin at 7:30 a.m. and adjourn at 3:45 p.m.
Advanced registration is encouraged as space and materials are limited.
Please see the registration form for applicable fees
Registration Fee is Exempt
- Physicians: Exempt
- Nurses/PAs/Fellows: Exempt
- Students: Exempt
- Trainees: Exempt
- Staff/Others: Exempt
Printable Registration Form - Click here
If you register online, a receipt/confirmation letter will be automatically emailed to the email address you list on the registration form. If you register by fax or mail, a receipt/confirmation letter will be sent to you within 10 working days of the receipt of your fee.
Call for Abstracts
Abstract Submission Deadline: Friday, October 18, 2019, 11:59 PM CST
Individuals interested in submitting an abstract for presentation during the conference must do so using the Qualtrics link below.
Once you log in, review the submission guidelines and proceed to submit your abstract. The first author of the selected abstracts will receive a notification of acceptance via email between October 21-25, 2019. Abstract submissions will only be accepted electronically; paper abstracts will not be accepted.
Click on the link to submit an abstract (https://bit.ly/2XnILet)
For more information, contact Kathy Carpenter at email@example.com or 713-792-9632
- A block of rooms has been reserved for conference attendees at the Houston Marriott Medical Center Hotel, 6580 Fannin Street, Houston, Texas 77030.
- Early hotel reservation is suggested.
- The hotel phone number is 713‐796‐0080.
- When you make reservations be sure to mention “7th State of the Science Cancer Survivorship Research Symposium” to be assured of receiving the special meeting rate of $129.00 single or double occupancy. Please add 17% Texas state and local taxes.
- Room Reservation Website Link: Book your group rate for 7th State of the Science Cancer Survivorship Research Symposium or https://bit.ly/31aBiBW
- Reservations and deposits received after Thursday, October 17, 2019 will be confirmed if space is available and at current hotel published guest room rates.
Houston is served by two airports, George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) and William P. Hobby (HOU). The following forms of ground transportation are available to and from the airports to the Medical Center.Houston Taxis:
Taxis: estimated fare; $55 - $65 USD (one way) Hobby/Medical Center
Taxis: estimated fare: $65 - 80 USD (one way) Houston IAH/Medical Center
Yellow Cab Company (713) 236-1111
United Cab Company (713) 699-0000
Texas Medical Center, Houston, Texas
Self parking is $12 per day. Enter the Mays Clinic Garage at Entrance 5, located on Bertner Avenue between Holcombe Boulevard and Pressler Street.
From the garage, take the elevators to the second floor and follow the hallway signs to the Duncan Building. After you pass Cool Beans Café on your left, take the Q Elevator Bank, also located on your left, to the conference center on the eighth floor. You may enter the building by foot through the Mays Clinic via J.V. Johnson Avenue or through the main entrance via Pressler Street.
Please remember- parking fees will NOT be reimbursed.
Contact the Department of CME/Conference Management if you have any special dietary or ADA accommodation needs.
- Local phone: 713-792-2223
- Toll-free: 866-849-5866
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photographing, audio taping and video taping are prohibited.