Eastern and Western Association of Liver Tumors
(EWALT) 2019 Symposium
Feb. 7-9, 2019
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
R. Lee Clark Clinic, Hickey Auditorium – Floor 11
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, Texas 77030
19.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
The target audience includes practicing surgeons who treat and operate upon HPB cancer patients.
Agendas are subject to change because we are always striving to improve the quality of your educational experience. MD Anderson may substitute faculty with comparable expertise on rare occasions necessitated by illness, schedule conflicts and so forth.
Please let us know what specific topics, issues or questions you wish to see addressed or emphasized in this activity. Fax CME/Conference Management at 713-794-7124 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses will be forwarded to the Program Chair for consideration.
The goal of this international symposium is to share the pioneering advances from world leaders in HPB surgery, in order to teach participants how technology and oncology can be used together to improve short-term surgical outcomes and long-term cancer-related outcomes. Included will be focused didactic sessions from world experts on HPB surgical oncology as well as practical sessions for practicing surgeons who treat and operate on HPB cancer patients.
After attending the course, participants should be able to:
- Lead tumor board discussions on treatment decision-making for complex liver tumor cases (Knowledge);
- Improve patient short- and long-term outcomes using knowledge gained from didactic portions of symposium (Knowledge, Competence, Performance, Patient Outcomes);
- Improve surgical techniques using knowledge gained from videos and case reviews to improve short-term surgical outcomes and long-term cancer-related outcomes (Knowledge, Competence, Performance, Patient Outcomes).
Lectures – Skills-Based Training – Case Studies – Panel Discussions - Questions and Answers – Simulation – Hands-on Workshop
A course evaluation form will provide participants with the opportunity to comment on the value of the program content to their practice decisions, performance improvement activities, or possible impact on patient health status. Participants will also have the opportunity to comment on any perceived commercial bias in the presentations as well as to identify future educational topics.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 19.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM . Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME Certificates and Attendance Verification Certificates
Certificates awarding AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM or certificates documenting attendance will be e-mailed when an individual completes the on-line CME Verification process after the symposium.
On-site registration for the Eastern and Western Association of Liver Tumors (EWALT) 2019 Symposium will be open at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, February 7, 2019.
The course will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, February 7, 2019 and will end at 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, February 9, 2019.
Advanced registration is encouraged as space and materials are limited. Please see registration form for applicable fees.
The deadline for advanced registration is January 25, 2019.
- Postmarkered before January 25, 2019.....................$650
- Postmarkered after January 25, 2019........................$750
- Postmarkered before January 25, 2019.....................$325
- Postmarkered after January 25, 2019........................$425
MITIE Session–Friday, February 8 (Limit 50) 1–6 p.m.
Guest Fee – Includes MFA and Third Coast Dinners
Registration On-line (Above): you may experience intermittent problems with creating new profile accounts for new registrations. If a problem does occur, please feel free to click the Printable Form (Below) and fax to our offices 713-794-1724. Please note the fax machine is located in a secured vault room.
Other Ways to Register
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
P.O. Box 301407
Houston, Texas 77230-1407
Fax to: 713-794-1724 (Printable Form)
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Check (payable through U.S. banks only)
- Money orders
- Credit cards (MasterCard, VISA and American Express)
- Cash (on-site registration only)
If you register online, a receipt/confirmation letter will be automatically emailed to the email address you list on the registration form. If you register by fax or mail, a receipt/confirmation letter will be sent to you within 10 working days of the receipt of your fee.
The registration fee, minus a $50 administrative handling fee, is refundable if a written request is received on or before January 25, 2019. No refunds will be granted after that date. The request for a registration refund must include the tax identification number of the company or institution if registration was paid by a company or institution check.
CME/Conference Management reserves the right to cancel activities prior to the scheduled date, if low enrollment or other circumstances make it necessary. Each registrant will be notified by mail, e-mail, or the contact numbers as given on the registration form.
In case of activity cancellation, liability of CME/Conference Management is limited to the registration fee. CME/Conference Management will refund the full registration fee. CME/Conference Management reserves the right to limit the number of participants in a program and is not responsible for any expenses incurred by an individual whose registration is not confirmed and for whom space is not available.
For additional information, contact CME/Conference Management at 713-792-2223 or toll free at 866-849-5866.
- A block of rooms has been reserved for conference attendees at the Houston Marriott Medical Center, 6580 Fannin Street. Houston, Texas, 77030.
- Early hotel reservation is suggested.
- The hotel phone number is 713-796-0080.
- When you make reservations be sure to mention the MD Anderson Eastern and Western Association of Liver Tumors (EWALT) 2019 Symposium to be assured of receiving the special meeting rate of $179.00 single or double occupancy. Please add 17% Texas state and local taxes. Reservations and deposits received after January 23, 2019 will be confirmed if space is available and at current hotel published guest room rates.
- Houston is served by two airports, George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) and William P. Hobby (HOU).
- Taxicabs are available at an estimated cost of $50-60 to or from George Bush Intercontinental Airport and William P. Hobby Airport.
- Super Shuttle operates a shuttle bus between George Bush Intercontinental Airport and the Houston Marriott Medical Center for $27 one-way and $54 round-trip. For more information, call 713-523-8888 or toll free at 800-258-3826, or on-line at www.supershuttle.com.
- Super Shuttle operates a shuttle bus between William P. Hobby Airport and the Houston Marriott Medical Center for $24 one-way and $48 round-trip. For more information, call 713-523-8888 or toll free at 800-258-3826, or on-line at www.supershuttle.com.
Parking is available in Garage 10, which is located on the east side of the Clark Clinic, for $12 per day. There are EasyPay Stations on the first, second and third floors, instead of a cashier. The EasyPay Station is a self-serve payment station and will take cash or credit cards. You feed your ticket into the machine, it tells you how much you owe, you then pay that amount and the machine returns your "paid" ticket. Take the "paid" ticket to the exit gate and feed it into a machine there to raise the gate and exit the garage.
Take the crosswalk on level 3 of Garage 10 into MD Anderson. The first set of elevators on your left (next to the guard station) can be used to access floor 11. As you exit the elevator on floor 11, you will be at the back of the auditorium. Turn to your left to follow the hallway to the registration desk and the front of the auditorium.
Click here for a map.
*Parking fees are not reimbursable.
Photographing, audio taping and videotaping are prohibited.