This conference has ended. This page will be updated when information on next year's conference becomes available.
Current Concepts in Head and Neck Surgery
Nov. 9-10, 2019
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Robert C. Hickey Auditorium
Robert Lee Clark Clinic Building, Floor 11
1515 Holcombe Blvd.
Houston, TX 77030
Conf. #: D122079
15.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
The conference should be of value to otolaryngologists, head and neck surgeons, radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, oral-maxillofacial surgeons, speech language pathologists and physician assistants.
- Conference Brochure
- Conference Speakers/Committee
- Conference Agenda
Agendas are subject to change because we are always striving to improve the quality of your educational experience. MD Anderson may substitute faculty with comparable expertise on rare occasions necessitated by illness, schedule conflicts and so forth.
Please let us know what specific topics, issues or questions you wish to see addressed or emphasized in this activity. Fax CME/Conference Management at 713-794-1724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses will be forwarded to the Program Chair for consideration.
- Case Studies
- Panel Discussions
- Questions and Answers
After attending the conference, participants should be able to:
- Incorporate a multidisciplinary approach in the management of tumors of the larynx, paranasal sinuses, oral cavity, oropharynx and skull base into practice and apply these principles to improve patient outcomes (knowledge, competence, performance, patient outcomes)
- Compare and contrast the various treatment options for melanoma of the head and neck and implement the optimal treatment strategy for any specific patient, including surgery, radiation therapy and chemotherapy (knowledge, competence)
- Implement current advances and state-of-the-art surgical techniques in head and neck cancers (knowledge, competence, performance)
- Assimilate the recent advances in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the thyroid and parathyroid glands and utilize such advances in management of patients with diseases of the thyroid and parathyroid (knowledge, competence, performance)
- Understand PRO’s as a qualitative assurance measure (Knowledge).
This two-day course will focus on current advances in the management of head and neck tumors. The format will include lectures, panel discussions and operative techniques. Ample time will be allotted for audience participation through discussion sessions.
A course evaluation survey will provide participants with the opportunity to comment on the value of the program content to their practice decisions, performance improvement activities or possible impact on patient health status. Participants will also have the opportunity to comment on any perceived commercial bias in the presentations as well as to identify future educational topics.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 15.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME Certificates and Attendance Verification Certificates
Certificates awarding AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM or certificates documenting attendance will be e-mailed when an individual completes the on-line CME Verification process after the symposium.
General Registration Information
Pre-registration is now closed, On-site registration opens at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, November 9, 2019. The conference will begin at 7:45 a.m. on Saturday, November 9, 2019, and adjourn at 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, November 10, 2019. Advanced registration is encouraged as space and materials are limited. Please see the registration form for applicable fees.
The full conference registration fee includes the tuition, program, continental breakfasts, breaks, lunches, and welcome reception.
- Postmarked before 10/25/2019.................$325.00
- Postmarked after 10/25/2019.....................$375.00
- Postmarked before 10/25/2019.................$150.00
- Postmarked after 10/25/2019.....................$200.00
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Check (payable through U.S. Banks only)
- Money Order
- Credit Cards (MasterCard, VISA and American Express)
If you register online, a receipt/confirmation letter will be automatically emailed to the email address you list on the registration form. If you register by fax or mail, a receipt/confirmation letter will be sent to you within 10 working days of the receipt of your fee.
The registration fee, minus a $50 administrative handling fee, is refundable if a written request is received on or before Oct. 21, 2019. No refunds will be granted after that date. The request for a registration refund must include the tax identification number of the company or institution if registration was paid by a company or institution check. For additional information, contact CME/Conference Management at 713-792-2223 or toll free at 866-849-5866 or you may email email@example.com.
The Department of CME/Conference Management reserves the right to cancel activities prior to the scheduled date if low enrollment or other circumstances make it necessary. Each registrant will be notified by mail, email or at the phone or fax numbers given on the registration form.
In case of activity cancellation, the liability of the Department of CME/Conference Management is limited to the registration fee. CME/Conference Management will refund the full registration fee.
The Department of CME/Conference Management reserves the right to limit the number of participants in a program and is not responsible for any expenses incurred by an individual whose registration is not confirmed and for whom space is not available.
- A block of rooms has been reserved for course attendees at the Houston Marriott Medical Center, 6580 Fannin St., Houston, Texas, 77030.
- Early hotel reservation is suggested.
- The hotel phone number is 713-796-0080. To make reservations, please call Reservations at 713-796-0080 and identify yourself as part of the MD Anderson Current Concepts in Head and Neck Surgey Conference.
- The special meeting rate is $109.00 single or double occupancy. Please add 17% for state and local taxes. Reservations and deposits received after October 18, 2019 will be confirmed if space is available and at current hotel published guest room rates.
Houston is served by two airports, George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) and William P. Hobby (HOU). The following forms of ground transportation are available to and from the airports to the Medical Center.
Taxis: estimated fare; $55 - $65 USD (one way) Hobby/Medical Center
Taxis: estimated fare: $65 - 80 USD (one way) Houston IAH/Medical Center
Yellow Cab Company (713) 236-1111
United Cab Company (713) 699-0000
Texas Medical Center, Houston, Texas
Parking is available in Garage 10, which is located on the east side of the Clark Clinic, for $12 per day. There are EasyPay Stations on the first, second and third floors, instead of a cashier. The EasyPay Station is a self-serve payment station and will take cash or credit cards. You feed your ticket into the machine, it tells you how much you owe, you then pay that amount and the machine returns your "paid" ticket. Take the "paid" ticket to the exit gate and feed it into a machine there to raise the gate and exit the garage.
Take the crosswalk on level 3 of Garage 10 into MD Anderson. The first set of elevators on your left (next to the guard station) can be used to access floor 11. As you exit the elevator on floor 11, you will be at the back of the auditorium. Turn to your left to follow the hallway to the registration desk and the front of the auditorium.
*Parking fees are not reimbursable.
Photographing, audio taping and video taping are prohibited.