This conference has ended. This page will be updated when information on next year's conference becomes available.
Advances in Robotic and Minimally Invasive Surgery in Gynecology
The MD Anderson, Mayo Clinic and Memorial Sloan Kettering Conference
Apr. 4-5, 2019
MD Anderson, Dan L. Duncan Building
Conference Center, Floor 8
1155 Pressler Street
Houston, TX 77030
This conference should be of value to general gynecologists, specifically those in the Houston area/region as well as nationwide gynecologic oncologists.
- Conference Brochure
- Conference Agenda
- Conference Speakers/Committee
Agendas are subject to change because we are always striving to improve the quality of your educational experience. MD Anderson may substitute faculty with comparable expertise on rare occasions necessitated by illness, schedule conflicts and so forth.
Please let us know what specific topics, issues or questions you wish to see addressed or emphasized in this activity. Fax CME/Conference Management at 713-794-1724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses will be forwarded to the Program Chair for consideration.
The goal of our robotics conference is to present the latest uses of robotic technology for both the general gynecologist as well as the gynecologic oncologist.
After attending the conference, participants should be able to
- Apply knowledge and procedural skills in advanced gynecologic minimally invasive surgical techniques into clinical practice (Knowledge, Competence, Performance);
- Demonstrate clear understanding of pelvic anatomy during minimally invasive gynecologic surgery (Knowledge, Competence, Performance);
- Apply knowledge of addressing and avoiding complications during minimally invasive gynecologic surgery. (Knowledge, Competence, Performance, Patient Outcomes);
- Demonstrate understanding of how to avoid an unsuspected gynecologic malignancy during minimally invasive gynecologic surgery. (Knowledge, Competence, Performance);
- Apply new surgical techniques in minimally invasive gynecology into clinical practice. (Knowledge, Competence, Performance).
- Panel Discussions
- Simulation / Hands-On Workshops
- Question and Answer Sessions
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 14.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME Certificates and Attendance Verification Certificates
Certificates awarding AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM or certificates documenting attendance will be emailed when an individual completes the online CME Verification process.
Upon request, a record of attendance (certificate) will be provided via email to other health care professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center has implemented a process whereby everyone who is in a position to control the content of an educational activity must disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest that could potentially affect the information presented. MD Anderson also requires that all faculty disclose any unlabeled use or investigational use (not yet approved for any purpose) of pharmaceutical and medical device products. Specific disclosure will be made to the participants prior to the educational activity.
Physician Payments Sunshine Act
MD Anderson complies with the Physician Payments Sunshine Act as part of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Accordingly, we may be required to collect information on transfer of value provided to any covered recipient under the ACA.
Pre-registration is now closed. On-site registration opens at 7:15 am on Thursday, April 4, 2019. The conference will begin at 7:55 am on Thursday, April 4, 2019 and adjourn on Friday, April 5, 2019 at 4:30 pm
Advance registration is encouraged as space and materials are limited.
The full conference registration fee includes the tuition, syllabus, continental breakfasts, breaks, and lunches.
Postmarked on or before Mar. 13, 2019
Faculty (MDs, PhDs). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $500
Allied Health Professionals. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $400
Nurses/PAs. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $300
Fellows/Residents. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $200
Postmarked after Mar. 13, 2019
Faculty (MDs, PhDs). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$600
Allied Health Professionals. . . . . . . . . . . . . . $400
Nurses/PAs. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$350
Fellows/Residents. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$250
Retired (MDs, PhDs). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$350
Faculty (MDs, PhDs) On-site . . . . . . . . . . . . .$850
Hands-On Cadaver Lab (conference and lab). . . . . .$1000
MD Anderson Faculty/Staff. . . . . . . . . . . .Exempt
We accept the following payments On-Site:
- Check (payable through U.S. Banks only)
- Money Order
- Credit Cards (MasterCard, VISA and American Express)
The registration fee, minus a $50 administrative handling fee, is refundable if a written request is received on or before Mar. 13, 2019. No refunds will be granted after that date. The request for a registration refund must include the tax identification number of the company or institution if registration was paid by a company or institution check. For additional information, contact CME/Conference Management at 713-792-2223 or toll free at 866-849-5866 or email email@example.com.
The Department of CME/Conference Management reserves the right to cancel activities prior to the scheduled date, if low enrollment or other circumstances make it necessary. Each registrant will be notified by mail, email or the contact numbers as given on the registration form.
In case of activity cancellation, liability of the Department of CME/Conference Management is limited to the registration fee. CME/Conference Management will refund the full registration fee.
The Department of CME/Conference Management reserves the right to limit the number of participants in a program and is not responsible for any expenses incurred by an individual whose registration is not confirmed and for whom space is not available.
- A block of rooms has been reserved for conference attendees at the Houston Marriott Medical Center/Museum District, 6580 Fannin Street, Houston, Texas.
- Early hotel reservation is suggested. To make reservations, please call the hotel reservations at 1-800-228-9290 and identify yourself as part of the 3M Robotics Course at MD Anderson.
- The special meeting rate is $179.00 single or double occupancy. Please add 17% Texas State and local taxes. Reservations and deposits received after March 18, 2019 will be confirmed if space is available and at current hotel published guest room rates.
Ground Transportation (prices are subject to change and variable depending on location of conference)
- Houston is served by two airports, George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) and William P. Hobby (HOU).
- Taxicabs are available at an estimated cost for $50-60, to or from William P. Hobby Airport or George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
- Super Shuttle operates a shuttle bus between George Bush Intercontinental Airport and the Hotel Za Za for $27 one-way and $54 round-trip. For more information, call 713-523-8888 or toll-free at 800-258-3826 or on-line at www.supershuttle.com.
- Super Shuttle operates a shuttle bus between William P. Hobby Airport and the Hotel Za Za for $24 one-way and $48 round-trip. For more information, call 713-523-8888 or toll-free at 800-258-3826 or on-line at www.supershuttle.com.
Mays Clinic Garage: Self parking is $12 per day. Enter the Mays Clinic Garage at Entrance 5, located on Bertner Avenue between Holcombe Boulevard and Pressler Street. When you enter the Mays Clinic building, go to the third floor and follow the hallway signs to the Duncan Building, or ask a security guard for directions. Take Elevator Q up to the conference center located on floor 8.
You can enter on foot through the Mays Clinic via J.V. Johnson Avenue or through the main entrance via Pressler Street.
MD Anderson employees are encouraged to park in their normal location
Parking fee are not reimbursable.
Click here for a map
Photographing, audio taping and videotaping are prohibited.