This conference has ended. This page will be updated when information on next year's conference becomes available.
7th Current Concepts in the Management of Thyroid and Parathyroid Neoplasms Conference
Feb. 17-19, 2017
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Robert C. Hickey Auditorium
Floor 11, R. Lee Clark Clinic
1515 Holcombe Blvd.
Houston, TX 77030
Conf. #: D116129
20.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
This conference will be beneficial to physicians, advanced practice providers such as physicians’ assistants and nurse practitioners, and other healthcare providers in the fields of general surgery, head and neck surgery, otolaryngology, and endocrinologywho are involved in the care of patients with thyroid cancer.
- Conference Brochure
- Conference Agenda
- Conference Speakers/Committee
Agendas are subject to change because we are always striving to improve the quality of your educational experience. MD Anderson may substitute faculty with comparable expertise on rareoccasions necessitated by illness and/or scheduling conflicts, conflicts and so forth.
Please let us know what specific topics, issues or questions you wish to see addressed or emphasized in this activity.
Fax CME/Conference Management at 713-794-1724 or email email@example.com. All responses will be forwarded to the Program Chair for consideration.
After attending the conference, participants should be able to:
- Perform biopsies of thyroid nodules and analyze results to determine the optimal treatment plan (Knowledge, Competence, Performance, Patient Outcomes);
- Implement up-to-date methods of surgical management for thyroid cancer (Knowledge, Competence, Performance);
- Incorporate current methods of medical management properly, making use of new breakthroughs in the role of genetics in treatment decisions (Knowledge, Competence, Performance);
- Plan treatment strategies for patients with both low risk and advanced thyroid cancer among all members of the healthcare team. (Knowledge, Competence)
The goal of this conference is to provide healthcare professionals with insight into the most current thyroid and parathyroid cancer research, clinical trials, practice implications, and ultimately, the impact of therapy upon patients.
- Lectures – Panel Discussions
- Questions and Answers
- Interactive Sessions
A course evaluation form will provide participants with the opportunity to review each session and speaker, to identify future educational needs and to comment on any perceived commercial bias in the presentations.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 20.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Maintenance of Certification - for conference only, none available for Advance Practice Provider Breakout Session
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 20.75 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit. In order to receive MOC points, you must pass the Post-Test with a score of at least 75%. Participant completion data will be shared with and transmitted to the ACCME on the participant’s behalf.
This live activity is approved for AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM and has met the American Board of Surgery (ABS) requirements. Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the self-assessment component, enables the participant to earn self-assessment credits toward Part 2 of the ABS MOC Program.
CME Certificates and Attendance Verification
Certificates awarding AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM or certificates documenting attendance will be distributed to participants as they depart the conference. To obtain a CME certificate, physicians must submit a completed evaluation questionnaire and a CME verification form. Upon request, a record of attendance (certificate) will be provided on-site to other health care professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center has implemented a process whereby everyone who is in a position to control the content of an educational activity must disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest that could potentially affect the information presented. MD Anderson also requires that all faculty disclose any unlabeled use or investigational use (not yet approved for any purpose) of pharmaceutical and medical device products. Specific disclosure will be made to the participants prior to the educational activity.
Physician Payments Sunshine Act
MD Anderson complies with the Physician Payments Sunshine Act as part of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Accordingly, we may be required to collect information on transfer of value provided to any covered recipient under the ACA.
On-line registration is now closed, please register on-site.
On-site registration will be open at 7:00 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 17, 2017 for the Advanced Practice Provider Breakout. The Advanced Practice Provider Breakout will begin at 7:30a.m. on Friday, Feb. 17 and adjourn at 11:00 a.m.
On-site registration for the 7th Current Concepts in the Management of Thyroid andParathyroid Neoplasms Conference will be open at 10:30 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 17, 2017. The conference will begin at 11:30 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 17, 2017 and will end at 11:15 a.m. on Sunday, Feb. 19, 2017.
Advance registration is encouraged as space and materials are limited. Please see registrationform for applicable fees.
The deadline for advance registration is Jan. 27, 2017.
Postmarked before Jan. 27, 2017
- Physicians: $495.00
- PA's/Nurses: $200.00
- All MD Anderson : Exempt
- Baylor/UT Residents/Fellows/Trainees/Students/MLP: Exempt
- Advanced Practice Breakout (Friday Only): $175.00
Postmarked After Jan. 27, 2017
- Physicians: $525.00
- PA's/Nurses: $200.00
- All MD Anderson: Exempt
- Baylor/UT Residents/Fellows/Trainees/Students/MLP: Exempt
- Advanced Practice Breakout (Friday Only): $200.00
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Check (payable through U.S. banks only)
- Money order
- Credit cards (MasterCard, VISA and American Express)
- Cash (on-site registration only)
If you register online, a receipt/confirmation letter will be
automatically emailed to the email address you list on the registration form. If you register by fax or mail, a receipt/confirmation letter will be sent to you within 10 working days of the receipt of your fee.
The registration fee, minus a $50 administrative handling fee, is refundable if a written request is received on or before Jan. 27, 2017. No refunds will be granted after that date. The request for a registration refund must include the tax identification number of the company or institution if registration was paid by a company or institution check. For additional information, contact CME/Conference Management at 713-792-2223 or toll free at 866-849-5866 or you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department of CME/Conference Management reserves the right to cancel activities prior to the scheduled date if low enrollment or other circumstances make it necessary. Each registrant will be notified by mail, email or at the phone or fax numbers given on the registration form.
In case of activity cancellation, the liability of the Department of CME/Conference Management is limited to the registration fee. CME/Conference Management will refund the full registration fee.
The Department of CME/Conference Management reserves the right to limit the number of participants in a program and is not responsible for any expenses incurred by an individual whose registration is not confirmed and for whom space is not available.
- A block of rooms has been reserved for conference attendees at Houston Marriott Medical Center Hotel, 6580 Fannin St., Houston, Texas 77030.
- Early reservation is suggested.
- The hotel phone number is 713-796-0080. The toll free number is 800-228-9290.
- When you make reservations be sure to mention the “7th Current Concepts in the Management of Thyroid & Parathyroid Neoplasms Conference” to be assured of receiving the special meeting rate of $159 single or double occupancy.
- Please add 17% for state and local taxes.Reservations and deposits received after Monday, Jan. 26, 2017, will be confirmed if space is available and at currently published hotel guest room rates.
Prices are subject to change and vary depending on the location of the conference.
- Houston is served by two airports, George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) and William P. Hobby (HOU).
- Taxicabs are available at an estimated cost of $50-60 to or from each airport.
- SuperShuttle operates a shuttle bus between George Bush Intercontinental Airport and the Houston Marriott Medical Center for $27 one-way and $54 round-trip.
- The shuttle between William P. Hobby Airport and the Houston Marriott Medical Center is $24 for one-way and the roundtrip cost is $48. For more information, call 713-523-8888 or toll-free at 800-258-3826.
Parking is available in Garage 10, which is located on the east side of the Clark Clinic, for $12 per day. There are EasyPay Stations on the first, second and third floors, instead of a cashier. The EasyPay Station is a self-serve payment station and will take cash or credit cards. You feed your ticket into the machine, it tells you how much you owe, you then pay that amount and the machine returns your "paid" ticket. Take the "paid" ticket to the exit gate and feed it into a machine there to raise the gate and exit the garage.
Take the crosswalk on level 3 of Garage 10 into MD Anderson. The first set of elevators on your left (next to the guard station) can be used to access floor 11. As you exit the elevator on floor 11, you will be at the back of the auditorium. Turn to your left to follow the hallway to the registration desk and the front of the auditorium.
Click here for a map.
*Parking fees are not reimbursable.
Photographing, audio taping and video taping are prohibited.